Soooo........what did you get? Where are you going?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Do you think that we should get rid of 11 plus exams??

Poll ended at Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:27 pm

yes
8%
no
92%
dunno
No votes
who cares
No votes

Total votes: 12

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bigmama

Soooo........what did you get? Where are you going?

Post by bigmama »

Dear all,

The wait is over.... I am a stressed out mother also waiting for my daughters results. I will let you know of what she gets. I would also like to know what everybody else got.

So folks... what did you get for your 11 plus and which school are you going to?

Big Mama.
bigmama

Finally......

Post by bigmama »

My daughter passed. She got:

Test 1: 127
Test 2: 132

Total: 259.

She is going to West Kirby Grammar. The pass mark was 236 (as stated on the letter)

Now we can all have a good nights sleep. :D

Good Luck to everybody else.

Big Mama.
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

My Daughter got 128 and 138 = 366, and is going to WGSG, just really looking forward to being able to sleep tonight!! Well done to your DD BigMama!
sugarpuss
proudpop

Post by proudpop »

Abby my DD scored 237 and is going to WGSG.Well done to her and to yours.
kaz18cassie

Passed!

Post by kaz18cassie »

Hi to everyone who is waiting for results, I went to the local sorting office this morning - couldn't wait any longer!

Great results my daughter got 282 and a place at Wirral Grammar for girls, lots of her friends have passed too so we are all extremely pleased and relieved.

Good luck to everyone, hope all goes well. :D
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

Apologies if this isn't what you want to hear but surely the main thing is that our DD's and DS's passed. Why the need to post individual scores? I think it will make very tough reading for those who haven't met the standard and for next year's intake. So let's stop it here.
bigmama

Whats the big deal??

Post by bigmama »

Excuse me, but I don't think it should stop here. Some failed, some passed. Will you hide the GCSE results when your child has done well, so that those who didn't do well don't feel bad??

Its good to hear about how others did. Those who didn't pass, is unfortunate, but does that mean the fun will be spoiled for those who did pass?? I am extremely proud that my daughter passed and I want everybody to know.

This is supposed to be a forum of support, not stopping good news!!!
Congratulations to everybody here!! :D

Carry on posting.

Big Mama.
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

I guess we differ then. I agree wholeheartedly with enjoying the good news and being v proud of your child's achievements but don't see the necessity to provide actual scores. It makes no difference at all when they get to grammar school whether they got 282 or 236. At the school my daughter attends there are about 10 all going onto WKGS. We have been congratulating each other all evening without a mention of a score between any of us.
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Nobody here is suggesting that the celebrations should stop, the children have worked very hard and after a long wait deserve all the celebrations.
Kittyhola was just making you aware that others have not been as fortunate today with their results and we should all be showing some compassion when posting.

AM Moderator
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now