Roll On March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Crystal

Roll On March

Post by Crystal »

My daughter took her 11+ at SHSG yesterday.

Maths is her weakest subject but thankfully she found the Maths easier than expected.
The VR was okay, but the English she found really hard!
She didn't get to finish the last question but she usually finishes with lots of time left over. She thought the paper was alot harder than all the practise ones she has done.
It sounds like the English paper were questions on 'Tess of the D'Ubervilles'.

We are so glad its all over, we are going to try and forget about it now, focus on Christmas, its such a shame we have to wait until March.

I understand we will get our placement offer at the beginning of March, then a few days later we will get our results as to where our child came.

Can anybody tell me if we find out only our child's score or does everone find out everybodys score. Bit confused.

Im hoping our score is kept private, or is everyones name printed with their score so other parents know where your daughter came?

Re: Roll On March

Post by Guest »

Crystal wrote:My daughter took her 11+ at SHSG yesterday.

Maths is her weakest subject but thankfully she found the Maths easier than expected.
The VR was okay, but the English she found really hard!
She didn't get to finish the last question but she usually finishes with lots of time left over. She thought the paper was alot harder than all the practise ones she has done.
It sounds like the English paper were questions on 'Tess of the D'Ubervilles'.

We are so glad its all over, we are going to try and forget about it now, focus on Christmas, its such a shame we have to wait until March.

I understand we will get our placement offer at the beginning of March, then a few days later we will get our results as to where our child came.

Can anybody tell me if we find out only our child's score or does everone find out everybodys score. Bit confused.

Im hoping our score is kept private, or is everyones name printed with their score so other parents know where your daughter came?

You wil only find out your daughters scores and where she came for the schools you have put on your form. It is all confidential. Good luck - my daughter did it last year and the wait is excrutiating!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you for letting me know, I am pleased the marks are kept confidential. How did your daughter do last year? I hope you were both pleased with your results.

Post by Guest »

If you did not tick the small box in the application form, your daughter's school may get her scores.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Anonymous wrote:If you did not tick the small box in the application form, your daughter's school may get her scores.

I hope they don't get the scores. I thought the primary schools were just notified which of their pupils had applied for 11+. What score a child gets is personal and data protected to the individual isn't it?

Post by Guest »

When my daughter say hers couple years ago the school didnt get her results its only the child that gets them
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thanks Guest. I thought that was the case. I tried to ask the CSSE the score of the last candidate offered a place at KEGS last year (no names) but they would only tell me his ranking (183). His score is data protected.

Post by Guest »

Crystal wrote:Thank you for letting me know, I am pleased the marks are kept confidential. How did your daughter do last year? I hope you were both pleased with your results.

Yes very pleased. She got into CCHS and absolutely loves it there. Right school for her as they are very good at encouraging the girls to speak up and do presentations to the rest of the class etc. Does wonders for their confidence, even if they are reasonably quiet (she is not!). Good luck to your daughter.

Post by Guest »

Karen wrote:Thanks Guest. I thought that was the case. I tried to ask the CSSE the score of the last candidate offered a place at KEGS last year (no names) but they would only tell me his ranking (183). His score is data protected.
You should be encouraged by that ranking as it will be 183 out of the boys that applied to KEGS which is usually around 500-600. It won't be 183 out of the total number of pupils that sat it - they don't do it like that anymore. Good luck.
Karen

Post by Karen »

I actually spoke to KEGS Admissions not the CSSE. The lovely lady there told me that 183 was offered a place due to some of those ranking above him not putting KEGS as first choice and three children refusing the offer.

Fingers crossed - though they may have cramp by March!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now