Travelling to Westcliff Boys from Shenfield area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
giraytakar

Travelling to Westcliff Boys from Shenfield area

Post by giraytakar »

I am new to the forum. My son has won a place at Westcliff Boys and we are extremely proud of him. I was wondering if there are any parents in the Shenfield area who currently send/about to send their boy to Westcliff. I am a bit worried about the journey and it would be great to hear of your experiences.
Giray
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

I have sent you a private message.
chris66

Post by chris66 »

Hi giraytakar, my son also got place at westcliff High and we live in billericay area. wondered also about journey to school and what transport like. would like to hear what you have heard?
giraytakar

Post by giraytakar »

hi chris66, At the moment there is a bus service (502) which starts at Shenfield and goes via Billericay, Ramsden Bellhouse, Wickford and onto Billericay. This link from the CSSE details the route and timetable http://www.csse.org.uk/transport/FirstBus/502&512tt.pdf

The other option is a train to Southend Victoria and a bus ride, not so keen on this one at the start of his time at Westcliff.

I would be interested in finding out if anybody is interested in sharing. Maybe doing a rota system on drop off/pick up.

It might be a nice idea to get the boys together so at least there is a friendly face before they start school.
Giray
chris66

Post by chris66 »

hi giray thanks for bus and train info. i was considering driving my son as not too keen on bus as have heard about bullying etc. would definitely consider sharing car journey and sounds like good idea for boys to meet up.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now