Parmiters places - CI places

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sressed but survivor

Parmiters places - CI places

Post by Sressed but survivor »

I have checked around my DD's primary school and (bucking the trend?) there appear to be at least three children - maybe four - who have been offered a Parmiter's place who are going to choose instead St Albans private schools. To me this says that there is still going to be movement in the CI lists so don't despair!
Good luck to everyone
Sressed but survivor

Post by Sressed but survivor »

I meant Waiting list
watdad

Post by watdad »

Yes this happens every year......

Experience of Parmiters suggest you need to be in the top 20 net bearing in mind Parmiters hold 4 children at every place in the list so you effectively need to be single digits on their list, all other things being equal.

There will be movement even a week or two after the new term starts. This is due to parent not informing the LEA or School they will not be attending.

Parmiters are quite helpful if you speak to the school they will be open about your chances and tell you how far down the list went in previous years all other things being equal this give you a good idea.
toony

Post by toony »

I believe the list went to 3 last year on academic.
sarah_nt

Re: Parmiters places - CI places

Post by sarah_nt »

Hi I'm new to this forum,

My son also in the waiting list in Parmiter's. So i'm so stressed about this. My son's is in 13th place in out of catchment area ranking. Does anyone know abt how the waiting list work?
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi Sarah,

My understanding is that for each place they hold 4 children .

Have you spoken to the school and asked what realistic chance you have of being offered a place. My understanding is they are very helpful.
WP

Post by WP »

sarah_nt wrote:My son also in the waiting list in Parmiter's. So i'm so stressed about this. My son's is in 13th place in out of catchment area ranking. Does anyone know abt how the waiting list work?
When you say out of catchment, do you mean outside of postcode areas WD3 to WD25, AL1, AL2, AL3, HP1, HP2, HP3 and HA6? If so, the school allocate only 3 places on the test criteria to children outside this area, so I'm afraid the chances must be slim - sorry.
sarah_nt

Post by sarah_nt »

Called the school. He is in 52nd place. Parmiter's was vry helpful. He is got a very slim chance. But they said no harm to put his name on the waiting list.
(To WP - yep,I live in Queensbury )

So stressed now!! :-(((((((
watdad

Post by watdad »

Sorry if this sounds negative but 52nd is no chance at all not for a year 7 intake anyway.

Out of interest what is wrong with your local school?
watmum

Post by watmum »

Is that 52nd place taking into account 3 or 4 chldren per place (that is to say you are about 13th?)

I would echo Watdad and sugggest that your chances are far from slim, sorry. From experiece, in the "old days" the top 10 or so sometimes got in, but in more recent times, maybe the top 4 or 5.

Were your other school choices OK? i don't know your area at all, presumably, they are not too hot, if you are looking to travel from Queensbury to Watford!

Good luck with everything.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now