Lady Elleanor school and Surbiton High - junioe admissions

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

QUEENMA

Lady Elleanor school and Surbiton High - junioe admissions

Post by QUEENMA »

Has anybody had experience of getting place at Lady Elleanor in year 5 ? Apparently my friend was late in applying for year 4 - registration gets over in December. The school said they would have a place in year 5 / 6 only if anyone leaves - wonder if that happens at all and if anyone has had any experience ? Also does any one have any experience of Surbiton High ? My friend lives in Kingston

Queenma
richmond

Post by richmond »

Hi

My dd is at LEH junior in year 5. Girls do leave and places become available. My dd's form has a vacancy. I know of 2 girls who tried to get in in year 4 but failed as their englsh was not quite good enough. I am not aware of anyone trying for year 5, the vacancy in my dd's form occurred at Xmas.

My dd had a place at Surbiton Junior but took LEH instead. She actually prefered Surbiton but as we live in Hampton LEH is closer.

Not sure if your friend knows that LEH senior have changed their selection process this year so year 5 girls at the junior school who are considered able are offered an unconditional place and no longer need to sit the exam in Jan. Its suposed to make it all less stressful for the girls and parents!

Hope that helps.

Richmond
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Thank you very much for your reply ! I think it is going to be useful for me as well as we are planning to move into the kingston area - after a lot of research and virtually having moved to Reading ! Was not aware of the change in LEH admission process - must say their website is not very informative or maybe Iam not looking properly ?
But thanks again for your help - my friend may have something to look forward to !
Queenma
ingunn

LEH

Post by ingunn »

Hi there Queenma.
A girl in my dd class (private primary in Kew) has got a place for LEH starting from Sept 2009, when she will be in Y5. Her mum has just spilt the beans because she sent the term notice to the school - you cannot imagine how happy she is, over the moon.
I know she put her dd into intensive tutoring from last year, so the exam is not an easy walk.
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Thanks ingunn

Will keep it in mind if decide to apply for my daughter.....

Cheers !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now