OoC - RLS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ambridge

OoC - RLS

Post by Ambridge »

I thought we lived the furthest away, in catchment, from RLS at 8.9 miles - however this year RLS has gone out to 9.8 miles - does this mean people out of catchment have got through on the first round of allocations?

Just wondered really

Ambridge
Marylou

Re: OoC - RLS

Post by Marylou »

Ambridge wrote:I thought we lived the furthest away, in catchment, from RLS at 8.9 miles - however this year RLS has gone out to 9.8 miles - does this mean people out of catchment have got through on the first round of allocations?

Just wondered really

Ambridge
Some have. Not us though. :(
Marylou
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Interesting how they drew that line (and where is that line?) or is it just those with siblings??
happymummy

Post by happymummy »

Yes! we got in (come under Milton Keynes) and I undertand that children living in Old Stratford (Northants) got in too.
happymummy

Post by happymummy »

Sorry forgot to add, we don't have siblings, as far as I know it is literally distance from school gates to home once in-catchment, siblings etc have been allocated. we are feeling very fortunate as last year we would have missed out by a short distance.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Fab news, does that mean you live near V1/V2 Tattenhoe/Kingsmead sort of way?

Just trying to suss out where they extended their net. Bodes well for those in MK that live a little bit further out for the second round of allocations.

Ambridge x
happymummy

Post by happymummy »

We are in Stony Sratford. I know of people in Old Stratford and another in Stony also who got in. There are a few from Deanshanger I believe aswell.

I hope that more will get in later on, its such an unfair system but I suppose there are only so many places... I do know that they increased the number of places in year 7 by an extra 7 this year so that will have helped a bit.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

happymummy wrote:We are in Stony Sratford. I know of people in Old Stratford and another in Stony also who got in. There are a few from Deanshanger I believe aswell.

I hope that more will get in later on, its such an unfair system but I suppose there are only so many places... I do know that they increased the number of places in year 7 by an extra 7 this year so that will have helped a bit.
HM - do you know of anyone who missed out by being just outside the area allocated?
Marylou
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Oh, so does this mean that the 'net' still hasn't invited those who passed who travel along the A421, obviously 9.8 miles doesn't stretch that far (unless someone puts us right!! :lol: )

Yes, PAN going up to 174 probably helped a lot (although it does mean they will be 'fully booked' as far as the 12+ candidates go....it looks like they will be relying on kids moving away for a place next year).

Thanks for that info, our children may well be in the same form!!! I am assuming your child's surname is HappyMummy, is that all one word or hyphenated 8)

Regards

Ambridge x
happymummy

Post by happymummy »

HM - do you know of anyone who missed out by being just outside the area allocated?[/quote]

Not yet! We are waiting to hear about one more who is in DS's class who applied by post and the letters arrived today so I may know tomorrow. She lives a little further away (we think) than us but not sure how much. I know that there is usually a large contingent taking eleven plus from Two Mile Ash school but that is a ittle further down Watling St and I would imagine may just miss out this year depending on whether they live north or south of the school.