Sats Predictions

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MJM

Sats Predictions

Post by MJM »

Wondering if you can be successful at appeal with Sat predictions of
Reading 5A Maths 5C English 4A . 11+ result 1 point short of pass.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear MJM

The Reading looks very good, but what about Writing? And where's Science?

Usually one would expect level 5 predictions for English, Maths and Science. Anything less than this shouldn't necessarily rule out a successful appeal, but I would have thought the rest of the case would need to be pretty strong.
Etienne
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Also, be aware that predictions of straight 5as doesn't seem to hold any sway in some authorities either. This doesn't apply to my DD2 ( predicted 3 5s, but will be more like 5cs) but DD1 who achieved L5 in Y4 for English and was predicted (and gained) 5as for Maths and Science in Y6, winning school prize for highest score in English was not offered a place. Mind you her 11+ score was not good (there were medical circumstances relating to anxiety at beginning of school terms , documented by psychologist, but also discounted), and you at least have this in your favour.
On the other hand, please take comfort in the fact that your child will probably do well wherever they go.
bougalou
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

predictions of straight 5as doesn't seem to hold any sway in some authorities either.
I'm certainly aware of authorities where very strict appeal panels appear to be rejecting curriculum-based evidence out of hand on the grounds that it is completely unrelated to reasoning tests as used in the 11+. Seems extreme to me, but I do always recommend the inclusion of some non-curricular academic evidence (e.g. CATs) wherever possible.

The majority of panels will probably take KS2 predictions into account, but remember that three level 5s are only a starting point for an academic case .....
Etienne
MJM

Post by MJM »

Many thanks for you help. Wondering if Etienne would be kind enough to let me PM her to discuss a personal question about mitigating circumstances.
Thanks.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I have anticipated your question and sent you a PM. :)
Etienne
MJM

Post by MJM »

Many thanks for the quick PM response.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now