Studying Books for 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11+ Parent

Studying Books for 11+

Post by 11+ Parent »

Hi there,
I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could direct me to the best books to use to help my child study for the 11+, which he is due to sit in two years time (for Sep 2011 admission).

We are currently in cathment area for Ilford County High School and I think he would have to sit the VR and NVR papers - could someone confirm this if they know?

Thanks for any information anyone could provide!
jessmum

Post by jessmum »

My child is the same age as yours and we are using gentle prep in the form of the Bond Books - I liked these as they do specific ones for age - we are using the 8-9 years ones at the moment. My DD finds the VR easy and gets around 95-100%, maths around 85/90% but the English much tougher average score around 70/75%. They are useful in finding weak spots and a good gentle introduction to the sort of work she will need to do. After Easter I will start her on the Tutors CDs which you can buy from this site.

Our exam doesnt include NVR but we arent from the Ilford area (we are hoping for one of the Southend / Westcliff schools) so I cant help you with that.
11+ Parent

Post by 11+ Parent »

Thanks for the advice jessmum.
I'll look at getting him started on the bond papers and go from there.
Many thanks again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now