Southend High School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cheryl

Southend High School for Girls

Post by Cheryl »

Does anyone know what the pass mark last year was for getting into SHSG in catchment area?

Also when we receive the letter telling us what score our child has got, do they list everyone's names and their scores?

My daughter took the exam on Saturday, she is very strong on VR and English, but the English paper was a shocker this year. She scored very highly when she practised last years 'Mill On The Floss' paper. But this year it was 'Tess Of The D'Ubervilles'. She is very upset that it was so much harder than any of the other tests.

Her weakest subject is Maths, but luckily the Maths paper was easier than other years so she feels she did well in Maths.

Am I right in thinking that maybe this might work in her favour? As everyone seems to of struggled this year with the English Paper?

I know we have to put it behind us now and try not to think about it too much, but its very hard isn't it. It is her dream to go to Southend High School for Girls. My Daughter has such a hunger for learning, she has always been top of the her primary school and is so dedicated in her studies.

I must say that the staff and the older girls at SHSG made the girls feel so welcome, they would given so much encouragement and they were all given a lucky charm with good luck on it.

Re: Southend High School for Girls

Post by Guest »

Cheryl wrote:Does anyone know what the pass mark last year was for getting into SHSG in catchment area?

Also when we receive the letter telling us what score our child has got, do they list everyone's names and their scores?

My daughter took the exam on Saturday, she is very strong on VR and English, but the English paper was a shocker this year. She scored very highly when she practised last years 'Mill On The Floss' paper. But this year it was 'Tess Of The D'Ubervilles'. She is very upset that it was so much harder than any of the other tests.

Her weakest subject is Maths, but luckily the Maths paper was easier than other years so she feels she did well in Maths.

If she feels she did well in the VR and Maths (and finished the papers!), I really wouldn't worry too much about the English as it seems everyone found that really hard. Good luck!.

Am I right in thinking that maybe this might work in her favour? As everyone seems to of struggled this year with the English Paper?

I know we have to put it behind us now and try not to think about it too much, but its very hard isn't it. It is her dream to go to Southend High School for Girls. My Daughter has such a hunger for learning, she has always been top of the her primary school and is so dedicated in her studies.

I must say that the staff and the older girls at SHSG made the girls feel so welcome, they would given so much encouragement and they were all given a lucky charm with good luck on it.
Kimmy

all scores kept private

Post by Kimmy »

You only get your childs score, the others scores are kept private.

My daughter already goes to SHSG and it is a lovely school. She is very happy there and doing very well. Yes the staff and the older girls are very friendly.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your results. Keep thinking positive.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now