Kent Test dates for 2009/2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sare

Kent Test dates for 2009/2010

Post by sare »

Is the Kent Test going to be in September again this year?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

as far as I know, you could always ring KCC to make sure though
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

There seems to be some sort of consultation going on about it on KCC's website. Everybody expects it to be in September but I don't think dates have been confirmed yet as far as I can see.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I emailed them last week as I wanted to check when applicatons to sit the test had to be made. I was told that "Kent's Secondary Transfer Scheme for 2010 has not yet been determined" and information will be posted on their website (www.kent.gov.uk) when it has been agreed. Their Admissions Team can be contacted on 01622 69565. I seem to remember they were really slow getting their act together over the arrangements for the last 11+.
Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

The Kent Trust Website (link from kent.gov.uk) includes the 2010 Scheme Consultation Document which shows the test dates as 15/16 September 2009 and 19 September (practice 12 September) for out of county students. This is all yet to be confirmed but thought I would post just in case you hadn't seen these provisional dates.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

thanks , that's useful to know :D
SSM

Post by SSM »

I've heard rumours, from parents that they are thinking of moving the 11+ back to January.

I don't know where they heard that from though
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Really SSM? Gosh, that'll be going back to the old system of applying for schools before knowing the result.
I must admit I've not heard that from any of my sources, hopefully its just a rumour and nothing more! :?
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

I must say, as a parent who has done it twice (!), once in January and once in September, I definitely prefered to September test date. I remember Christmas being really tense, as my child was worrying about the 11+, and I voted for it to be moved forward. However, I was hoping that the test date would be moved to October/November rather than September, as it made the summer holidays a bit tense instead. Also, I thought it was a bit unfair on those children who take a bit longer to settle back down to work after the summer holidays. A friend of mine made her child take test papers to Spain because she said she couldn't waste two whole weeks without doing any practice!

It was a very long wait from the test date in January to the school allocation date in March too!

Anybody know any reason why it can't be October/November?
peejaylew

Dates for Kent Test

Post by peejaylew »

Registration opens 1st June
Registration Closes 10th July
Test for children in Kent Primary Schools 15th / 16th September
Tests for out of county children 19th September
Assessment letters sent to Parents 19th October to arrive 20th
If you register online at www.kent.gov.uk/ola and provide an email address you will receive your childs assessment decision by email on 19th October