Change of head at Langley Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chad

Change of head at Langley Grammar

Post by chad »

Miss Clarke is moving on to Tiffin Boys (reported in Surrey forum)

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... highlight=
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Oh my word!!!
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

Hi,
I got message from parentmail. How long was she there if anyone knows? Also why is she leaving? is it just a better choice? Has the school improved significantly under her principalship? I really hope that they manage to get someone good as my daughter is only in year 7 in LGS.
Greatmum
Twins mum

Post by Twins mum »

Hi all

My DS's bought the letter home yesterday I think it may have been in their school bags for a few days! :roll:

Miss Clarke will be greatly missed. She teaches the Year 7 History and DS2 absolutely adores her. Her lessons are well structured and my son looks forward to her lesson!

Her move may be logistically linked as she lives in Richmond.

It looks as though she was at LGS since 2000 and prior that at Tiffin Girls for around 8 years.

Hopefully the new head will have the same amount of experience.

Twins mum
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

I was looking at Times School Ratings the other day. It made interesting reading as far as LGS is concerned:
School Type Gender Area Candidates points 07 points 08
LGS FD Mixed Slough 290----------- --- 979.6------- 847
As compared to Tiffin Boys:
School Type Gender Area Candidates points 07 points 08
Tiffin VA Boys Kingston 335 -------------974.5 ----976
Something happened last year. Something so drastic that lead to not only a major change in the admissions procedure but also change in the leadership. The most recent OFSTED report, although gives top rating in every aspect, criticizes the standards of English at LGS. Things had started looking a bit shaky in last two years (2007 OFSTED report and 2008 Times League Tables). With her mentor working as an interim head at Tiffin, it is only understandable that Miss Clarke received an invitation from there. Maybe circumstances at Langley gently pushed her and she could not say 'no' to the opportunity at Tiffin. I just want to know who is going to take charge at LGS. Hope the school sorts out this issue by September 8)
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

Hi,
My daughter was saying that someone from within the school has applied for the post already. I wasn't paying too much attention to it!!!!!!!! as I was really shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway lets hope for the best.
Greatmum
IncaGold

Post by IncaGold »

From LGS website:

New Headteacher appointment

The Governors of the School would like to announce the appointment of Mr John Constable to the post of Headteacher at Langley Grammar School for 1 January 2010.

Mr Constable is currently the Deputy Headteacher at Wycombe High School and has previously taught at Sir William Borlase Grammar School and Watford Grammar School for Boys. With his experience and obvious commitment to the ethos of Langley Grammar School, the Governors are confident that the School will continue on its path of achievement and success.

In the Autumn term, Mr Constable will work with Mrs Jamieson, the Acting Headteacher and the Governing Body, to ensure a smooth transition to his headship at Langley Grammar School.
chad

Post by chad »

Thanks for the info! :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now