Dartford - new to this!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MJMoore

Dartford - new to this!

Post by MJMoore »

Hi all.. my daughter is in year 5, and we're now seriously getting into our 11+ prep. I'm quite concerned that her primary school isn't doing enough, so I'm looking at working through papers/books etc with her.

Is there anyone else in the same position, can anyone offer us any advice? So far I've bought some Lett's practice papers, and a Bond Maths book, but reading here, it seems that the latter may not be much good?

Thank you! :)
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

We are based near Maidstone and using all the Bonds books. Started last year on the 9/10 year and now working on 10/11+ year since Jan 2009.

I have questioned our Tutor and she says these books are spot on for Kent.
Alfie
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

I've been told elsewhere on the forum that NFER are more suited to Kent. However, the Bond Maths book looks as if it will help us work through some of the topics with her. I'm very thankful that my husband is very good at Maths, and is also very patient - he's already started doing some good work with her. :)

I have another query about our area.. if my daughter manages to pass, we're looking at both Dartford and Wilmington. Dartford Grammar I'm very used to, but I have no idea about Wilmington.. can anyone help with which bus routes etc she could use? We live in East Dartford, so are looking for buses that either go from East Hill, or from within the town centre.
Billie

Post by Billie »

I don't know Dartford very well, but I have some info from Wilmington about transport for both schools which might help -

North Kent School Transport - pick ups-
Dartford East (hesketh park) 08:01
Dartford West ( Beckets Sports) 08:10

Selkent - 601 ( Dartford Heath)
96 ( Dartford west Hill)

Arriva - don't know which numbers

Hope this helps.
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

Thank you.. we're very near Hesketh Park - can I ask what the North Kent School Transport system is?
Billie

Post by Billie »

North Kent School transport is a privately run coach service for Dartford and Wilmington schools. When you get an offer from the school you get all the details.
If you apply by 31st May (£10 registration fee) your child is guaranteed a place on the coach for the following September.
Their email is schoolcoach@aol.com
For this coming year return daily fare from Hesketh Park is £3.88.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now