Reading and Kendrick Reasoning papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Complete Novice

Reading and Kendrick Reasoning papers

Post by Complete Novice »

Many thanks to all of the posters regarding the exams for these schools, particularly Shack who has given some hope that the required mark may not need to touch 90% for Kendrick!

I wondered whether any of your DCs who have sat exams for these schools had commented on the difficulty of the VR or NVR papers compared with the ones they had practised on. Would they for example be as hard as Walsh or more in line with the Bright Sparks series?

Many thanks
CN
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Based on my own DCs comments at both schools I would say that they are more in line with Bright Sparks and NFER in terms of difficulty, probably not as hard as Walsh, although we did very few of the Walsh papers ourselves.
ks

Post by ks »

My DD did very few NVR papers - just the 4 NFER practice papers and a few bond papers. For VR we did NFER, Bright sparks & IPS.

MY DD came out saying that the Kendrick papers were not as hard as she'd expected, so they were clearly no worse than papers she'd practised on.
Where the questions were different to those she'd come across - like the crossword type questions - they were apparently very straightforward.
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Thank you Torrylee and Ks. That is reassuring (although at this stage with my DS I am still looking at the Bright Sparks papers and wondering how anyone let alone a 10 year old could complete that in the time allocated!!)

CN