1-5 scoring

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SAM

1-5 scoring

Post by SAM »

I am a little confused with the scoring of 1-5 given out by the schools for pupils they believe may pass the 11+. How do they come up with this score as my son, I was told yesterday by his teacher got a 3 for ability and 3 for attitude.
However what I dont understand is all his school reports say how great he is at everything and is a credit to the school. Surley if the school has sent through a mark of 3-3 to the county he has no chance of appeal and why would they score him at this if they think his school work is so good!!

Any advise please?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi SAM,

Have you looked at the headteacher's recommendation matrix in this document:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/docum ... 1_plus.pdf

I think that a 3-3 is certainly not in accordance with the other feedback that you have received so far, and I would really ask the school for explanations.

Best of luck,

Catherine

Post by Guest »

Hi Catherine

Thankyou for that I feel the school just can't be bothered!!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Please, SAM, ask your school what each assessment means until you are fully happy with the answer.
As you said, a 3-3 isn't very helpful for an appeal, but a good school report is.
Has your son done any year 5 SATs, and is the school giving any prediction for year 6 SATs?
Sam

Post by Sam »

Dear Sam

I have just had exactly the same experience for my son. He has always performed well at school with excellent reports and has only been given 3 and 3. Our head teacher has not even found time to see me yet and the school are not interested. I have found out that other schools would be willing to support my son based on his previous SATS and predicted 5's for this year. I feel dissappointed and let down as I may have to appeal without the school fully behind me. This will leave us at a dissadvantage over those people with schools who are supportive and caring!

Sarah
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now