Chelmsford County High

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
brainiac

Chelmsford County High

Post by brainiac »

Does anybody know about any appeals at Chelmsford County High School?
Thank you
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hi- Have a daughter there.Only know stats I have seen for last 5 years.No appeal has been upheld in that time I'm afraid.Have a daughter 5th on waiting list for Sept.Do not believe it is worth appealing unless you can prove previously unknown change of circumstances/additional information.
Sorry not to be more positive :cry:
Best wishes
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

5th on the waiting list is good! Your daughter has a very good chance. My daughter is 30th. The school were suppose to let my daughter have access to water and energy sweets due to an illness, but because the judicator hadn't been told, my daughter was stopped from having these. The school were very apologetic afterwards.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

hello,

Sorry to hear that.Where is your daughter going? I understand the other schools are good in Billericay.I am sure she will do well with your support.Although CCHS is right for my eldest, like all schools, it is NOT perfect.
Warmest wishes.
Please pm me if it would help.
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Hi Brainiac

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought you mentioned in your previous post that you are very proud that your DD has been offered a place in Colchester Grammar. Sorry if I sound a bit nosy, just wonder if anything happen to that offer.

Hi, Chelmsford mum

I have been reading your post in the other threads. Good luck with the waiting list because I think your DD will stand a very good chance in getting into CCHS. I remembered a lady from CSSE said that usually by Sept, there are around 8- 10 children dropped out to go to independent school.
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

We are accepting the place at Colchester. I am very proud of my daughter. She's the one who feels that she hasn't done her best. My husband and I are so chuffed as her school attendance has only been approx 30% due to her illness.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Thanks Essex mum,

lets hope this year follows others.My daughter is totally geared up to our local comp.I haven't told her where she is on the list in case it doesn't happen.Naturally we hope it does but believe in her if it doesn't.
Thanks for the support :wink:
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Hi Brainiac

Your DD has done extremely well especially with her illness. Does she prefer Chelmsford CHS rather than Colchester CHS?
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

My daughter really likes both of the schools equally but her friends are going to Chelmsford. Its a hard transition for children having to go to secondary school. She's coming from a tiny primary, so doesn't understand that even if she went to Chelmsford, she may still go her seperate way from her friends.
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Chelmsford mum

Keep my fingers crossed for you!!