practice questions,codes

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jeanb

practice questions,codes

Post by jeanb »

Just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Have done a couple of NFER multi choice papers with my child and she falls down on the word letter codes,letter series and letter connections type questions.
Are there practice papers that deal with code type questions or do I have to buy complete tests?With instructions that are easy to explain to my child!This type of question I find hard so I find it hard to explain to her.

Thank you!
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Hi,

Have you tried working through the IPS method and technique book and then the book that contains the additional questions. These go through the questions type by type and helped my DS get to grip with the question sorts he struggeld with.

IPS 11 plus Verbal Reasoning Method and Technique Guide for Parents and Pupils - ISBN: 9780954285326

IPS 11 plus Verbal Reasoning - Additional Practice Questions - ISBN: 9780954285333

Both books have exactly the same question types as the NFER papers with only a few types missing.

Another good source is the Tutors papers and CDs - all available from this wonderful site.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The Tutors Method and Technique Course is really good.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/pdf/th ... hnique.pdf
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

and FREE!
:D
jeanb

thanks

Post by jeanb »

Thanks for the replies,will check these out!
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

I have used the Tutors free pdf, Athey and AFN's how to VR (ISBN 0953848728) in the past.

The Tutors document covers all the standard 21 types as known to us in the same order, where as other books may cover more types than these 21. The names given for these types in other books may differ as well.

Starting with the Tutors material is better and once familarised with all these 21 types then you can easily follow other books that cover more types and the extension of the basic types.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Method and techniques applicable to 21 types [nfer/gl assesmnet] are The Tutors [free] and IPS.

AFN, cover the 21, but they use types G and N [ by IPS] in a slightly different manner.

Athey and Bond are not 21 related.

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now