Governors Place pass mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worried mum of 3

Governors Place pass mark

Post by worried mum of 3 »

Has anyone got any ideas what the pass mark was for a governors place at Twggs this year? :?
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I don't know what it was this year but in teh past it has been around the 408 mark. I only know of one girl who was allocated a place in this way this year but her mark was 418 so that's not much help!

Priority is given to girls in the Edenbridge, Westerham, Sevenoaks area of Kent. Whereabouts are you?

I can try to find out (but probably not until the end of April). Why do you want to know?
Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

Hi Worried Mum of 3,
If you ring the admissions officer at TWGGS I am sure she would tell you the pass mark was.
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

Surely they won't know the actual lowest mark they give a place to until all the appeals, etc., have been sorted. The eventual mark might be lower than it is today??
Alfie
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

TWGGS only have 10% of their intake (ie, 14 girls) from out of catchment. They will let in any other girl who passes and lives within about two miles of the school so theoretically teh lowest pass is 360. I know that once again even girls who live on the far edges of Tunbridge Wells have not got places though.
worried mum of 3

Post by worried mum of 3 »

My understanding is that the 14 gov places are given to the top scoring girl who put twggs as their 1st choice then the next highest, etc, etc . So appeals shouldn't really affect those places should they?
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I'm not really sure what you are asking. Are you appealing for a place this year? Are you out of catchment? PM me if you would prefer not to discuss publicly. My daughter has a place at TWGGS for Sep 07 but we are well inside the catchment but I do know other girls who have received governors' places.
Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

No, appeals won't affect those places. The question is whether or not two waiting lists are maintained, i.e. if a governors' place is declined, is it then offered to the next highest qualifying girl for a governors' place or does it go to the next girl on the waiting list in terms of distance?

I know that TOGS runs two separate waiting lists for in area and out of area after the first round of allocations (they offer 35 places to out of county girls) but I am not sure about TWGGS but they would tell you if you ring them.

Happy to discuss in a PM if I can help.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

AFAIK TWGGS only has the one waiting list but it is best to check wth admissions. I would have thought, knowing TWGGS' priority is to be a grammar school for local girls, that any places coming up would be given to girls near teh school as opposed to girls out of catchment with higher passes. I suppose though that if a girl allocated a governors' place turned it down they might then ask teh next out of catchmetn girl on teh list but this is all supposition,