Confusion!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Potato

Confusion!!

Post by Potato »

We`ve been working hard at the 11+ practice papers but there is one or more issues i don`t yet know, When do you actually apply for a grammar school place? before the exam? Do you wait until you get the results? There never seems to be enough information coming from the schools until virtually the last minute, I seem to rely on speaking to other parents or forums like this for info! I`d hate to make the mistake of applying at the wrong time and affecting her chances as a result. :cry: Thanks
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Potato - sorry, when I replied to your last post I assumed you were in Bexley as you posted in the Bexley section. I now see that you are located in Kent - so you might get more information if you post in that section.

As I said in my earlier post, Kent haven't yet published the process for 2010 entrants, but if they do as last year then the exams are sat in September so that parents can get the 11+ results before they have to submit their CAF (common application form for secondary schools) towards the end of October. Until last year parents in Kent, and Bexley, had to fill in their CAF without knowing whether or not their child had passed the 11+. You just put schools (selective and non-selective) down on the form in order of preference.

You need to keep an eye on the Kent schools admissions website. Alternatively you could try ringing Kent admissions on 01622 696565.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now