12+

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Footymad

12+

Post by Footymad »

Hi Sally-Anne, :)
Just wondering when your son is to sit the 12+?

You have always been in my thoughts from last years 11+ candidates and I would like to wish you the best for the 12+.

Footymad :D xx.
Road Runner

Hows things

Post by Road Runner »

Hi Footie Mad

Its good to see you still look in. I remember your postings from last year when I was going through it all with my son. Hows your daughter doing in her school?

MelX
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Footymad

I was delighted to see you turn up on the usa thread - how great to have you back! Thank you so much for thinking of me and my son.

12+? Which way is the wind blowing today? We have applied for a test in April, but who knows if he will be there on the day - we have yet to decide. He is going from strength to strength academically, top in all his strong subjects, and close to the top in others. But he is still not going to be any better at VR!

Even if he passes, there is a very small chance of him going to the right school for him. I could get cross, but I know better now. Deliberating as to whether to get an Ed Psych report done. (I think we've all been here before - this feels like Groundhog Day!)

I hope your daughter is doing well - please do post news!

All the best
Sally-Anne XX
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Melx, Sally-Anne. :)

My daughter is doing great at SGHS, North Yorkshire.

She has been set for a few subjects so far and is in top sets for all for now! :shock:

She has lost touch with her friends from primary accept from a best friend who was the only other girl to pass the eleven plus from her school and now goes to the same Grammar.

She has made lots of friends at Grammar and when it was her birthday in October after only a few weeks at school she got about 20 bithday cards and lots of pressies!!! :wink:

Glad to hear that your kids are ok.

Sally-Anne it must be hard, my younger daughter wouldn't do the 11 plus this year and we have put a "very good" not so near comp as her first choice, we think she wants to get out of big sis's shadow lol!

I think she will equally shine at her chosen school(fingers crossed for a place on allocation day) so I can understand if you end up not bothering to try for the 12+ as he sounds to be excelling at his school now.

All the best Sally whatever path you choose.

Footymad xx.
njg

Post by njg »

We do are deliberating 12+.
Our son was adamant that he was going to do it over the summer. Now he says that he will do it but won't change schools - so not sure if he would try his best.
It's great that he loves his school but he's no fool and he knows he's onto a good thing. With very little effort he is in the top sets for everything and always gets 'A's - coasting springs to mind.
How do we get back the motivation and should we even try?
GM

Post by GM »

Hi Sally-Anne,

Could you tell me how to let the child to take 12+ test?

Thanks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think it is too late for September 2007 unless you are moving into the area.

The details are in a booklet on:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... =177570625

Only some schools will have places -
GM

Post by GM »

Thanks, Guest55.
It is not easy to understand the education system and the processes easily to a foreigner.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Happy to help - the details for Y8 entry in September 2008 will go on the website [www.buckscc.gov.uk] in October - or log in here to ask for help.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now