St Olave's admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lioncelt

St Olave's admissions

Post by lioncelt »

Hi, I'm new to posting here but have found it a very informative forum for a while now.

I was wondering if anyone know's the St Olave's cut off score this year for places offered so far & if they usually have places left to fill after May 1st (when Bromley schools are given charge of their own waiting lists)?
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi Lioncelt

My son sat Olaves this year (I already have a son in year 8) and the cut off was 149 (certainly higher than the last 2 years). My son missed out by 3 points on 146 but is number 28 on the waiting list. I know that in my eldest son's year 2007 the cut off was around 130 but the waiting list went down to about 128 (as I know one boy in my son's class who got in and he was number 26 on the waiting list). He got in around May time.

Last year's cut off was lower than this year but was higher than 128 I think it was around 140 but am not sure.

You really cannot tell what the cut off is going to be as each year is different. What I can tell you is that if there is a tie on scores they take the maths into account.
lioncelt

Post by lioncelt »

Thank you Gercha - that's helpful info.

My ds sat their test but isn't on the waiting list as we put them as our third preference. We were offered our first choice - Chis & Sid - and are happy with that as we live very near & loved the school. I didn't really think my ds would pass St O's, but he did. I was told had we placed them first on our list, we would have been offered a place!

My post was just out of interest really - what his chances of a place would be as I know he wouldn't be on their waiting list until 1st may, when they are handed back waiting lists to do their own thing with.

Sounds like your ds is in with a good chance - good luck
lioncelt

Post by lioncelt »

hi, want 2 quote my son got 158 this year,do you think he got in?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now