South Warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nmf

South Warwickshire

Post by nmf »

Does anybody have any information to show how many children from the various primary schools passed this year's 11+ for Stratford Boys, Shottery and Alcester Grammar?
FAM

Post by FAM »

Stratford Prep 7/19
2 shottery,, 2 KES, 3 Alcester
KenR

Post by KenR »

For comparison, I have the figures for Stratford prep for the 2005 & 2006 exams (the last years of the old test)

These were 8/17 and 7/14 respectively
magwich2

south warwickshire

Post by magwich2 »

The figure for the Prep in 2008 - the year of the new NFER verbal reasoning test - was 16 out of 19. It was a generally very bright class but it did rather undermine the accusations of state school parents and the press that the Prep children had ever been involved in the cheating that went on with the Moray House papers.
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

A bit off topic and with a big PLAYGROUND GOSSIP warning, but in response to magwich's comments, I was talking to someone who had a son at another Prep in the year of the alleged Moray House debacle. He said he firmly believed there was no deliberate cheating but his son was given a practice paper to do by the school just before the exam which turned out to be exactly the same as the real paper on the big day. His son had got most of the questions right in the practice and could remember the correct answers for the ones he got wrong, and so was pretty sure he scored 100% in the real thing. I guess rotating a limited set of papers for many years was a recipe for disaster, even if most of those who gained an advantage didn't do so consciously.

nmf, I am not sure how many took the test at my son's school. Maybe you could try calling Admissions and see if they would be willing to provide the numbers?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now