Clement Danes

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
raceytracey

Clement Danes

Post by raceytracey »

Hope someone can answer this.

Sending this question on behalf of someone else. This is not the results for my DD.

CD have written to advise that on the accademic test the highest mark they admitted a child was 278. The lowest mark admitted was 148.

My friends child got 209 but didnt get offered a place. Anyone know the reason why?
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Could the lowest mark of 148 be of a child who was admitted on a different criteria from academic aptitude, ie music, distance or sibling?

Alison
WP

Re: Clement Danes

Post by WP »

raceytracey wrote:Sending this question on behalf of someone else. This is not the results for my DD.

CD have written to advise that on the accademic test the highest mark they admitted a child was 278. The lowest mark admitted was 148.

My friends child got 209 but didnt get offered a place. Anyone know the reason why?
Clement Danes have no catchment for selective places, so something must be wrong. My guess is the figure of 148: it sounds extraordinarily low, and previous years have been in the 220s.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

So when they say that the lowest mark that was admitted was 148 it could be that this child didnt gain a place because of their academic test mark but maybe because they lived nearer to the school or had a sibling or gained a place through music?
WP

Post by WP »

AlisonR wrote:Could the lowest mark of 148 be of a child who was admitted on another criteria from academic aptitude, ie music, distance or sibling?
That sounds very plausible. The lowest possible score is 138. So the information they've supplied is of little use.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Do you think they could have made a mistake in not admitting my friends child?
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I suggest you (or your friend) ask CD for clarification of this score, ie whether it is the lowest score for a child obtaining a place on academic assessment or the lowest score of all children that have obtained a place.

I agree with WP that 148 sounds very low for the lowest score needed to gain an academic place at CDs.

Alison
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

You know what I dont think I am even going to try and understand this system. However do they work it all out. Its beyond me.!! :o
WP

Post by WP »

Sorry to interject this irrelevance in your thread, raceytracey, but reading through the CD criteria I noticed this little adjustment to their sibling policy:
From September 2008 admission, where a child gains entry to the school through the selective criteria and their permanent home address is more than 10km from the school, (measured using the "shortest designated route" as determined by the Local Authority) any younger siblings will not be allocated places under the sibling rule but will be able to apply under other criteria.
WP

Post by WP »

raceytracey wrote:Do you think they could have made a mistake in not admitting my friends child?
Sorry for not giving a straight answer. No, I don't think they made a mistake. I agree with Alison's suggestion that they've actually given the range of academic scores for all those offered places under any criterion, and that this information is of little use. (The range of possible scores is 138 to 282.)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now