Waiting list outcomes?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tired_dad_2008

Waiting list outcomes?

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

Some kids up here in North West Kent have been told today that they got into Weald of Kent from the waiting list. I don't know whether the other schools have issued their new offers yet. Does anyone else know?
Samba

waiting list outcomes

Post by Samba »

Hi Tired Dad 2008, yes we heard from Weald today, we are in West Kent. We are really thrilled as it has been a tense month waiting. From what we gather the waiting list moved quite a lot more than usual for first offers. Perhaps because of the long wait between submitting the forms and the offers.... Our DD does not know yet as we wanted to wait until her Dad was home this evening. She will be over the moon. We can now retract our appeals. Phew!
shuff

Post by shuff »

I did hear through the grapevine that there were only 2 refusals for the places offered at Skinners, therefore only 2 places available on the waiting list. This will no doubt increase once other places have been accepted and people start moving around.
SSM

Post by SSM »

I know that ToGS have offered a few places from the waiting list.
lobster

Post by lobster »

Yes, TWGGS made some waiting list offers yesterday too.
Billie

Post by Billie »

My DS has had an offer from the Judd (414 - lost out before on distance) so his place at Wilmington will be coming available. we are also waiting on St olave's - but Bromley take ages I believe.
tired_dad_2008

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

Billie wrote:My DS has had an offer from the Judd (414 - lost out before on distance) so his place at Wilmington will be coming available. we are also waiting on St olave's - but Bromley take ages I believe.
That's good news for you. (Although not for me since we haven't had a letter from Judd). I do know of two boys from a local private school who had offers from Judd and declined them. So there are certainly some more places out there.

Do you have to accept your waiting list place by a certain date?
Billie

Post by Billie »

There is no date - just send signed forms back as soon as possible (which have to be witnessed so will take a couple of days to sort out!). I am sure if they don't get forms back within 2 weeks they would chase up.
When I called Wilmington to withdraw the place there they were very grateful - sounded like a very large waiting list there.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

News of TWGSB on their website tonight. 8 places have been allocated to waiting list boys after places became available due to having been declined. However, still 66 (yes 66, boys on the waiting list...)
This is before any appeals..hold on to your hats... :shock:
Remember, its likely the majority of these boys are reasonably local so where are they all going? :?
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

tonbridgemum wrote:News of TWGB on their website tonight. 8 places have been allocated to waiting list boys after places became available due to having been declined. However, still 66 (yes 66, boys on the waiting list...)
This is before any appeals..hold on to your hats... :shock:
Remember, its likely the majority of these boys are reasonably local so where are they all going? :?
Do people think TWGSB may have to consider opening an additional form as mentioned in the other thread on the Kent forum..?

Villagedad
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now