Slough Results Week!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JuliaB

Slough Results Week!

Post by JuliaB »

Headteachers have started getting the results in for the Slough tests. Herschel and Slough Grammar results arrived on Friday, St B's and Langley should arrive Monday/Tuesday. Parents will get their letters posted direct from their first choice grammar to arrive on Thursday.

So avoid your headteadher (in the nicest possible way!) to prevent misreading any signals or body language!

Good luck, may all the children get the result they want.

Calm before the storm.....

JuliaB
JJ

Post by JJ »

Julie B, I've been following your ups and downs and am praying and keeping everything I can crossed that you get good news. You have proved to be a person with a truly good heart, so you and your child deserve the best.
good luck JJ
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Couldn't agree more with JJ.
You've been great, and I very much hope, you get the good news both of you deserve!!!

GOOD LUCK

BW
worried

Post by worried »

You sound like you are a teacher. Are you Julie B?

Fingers crossed for your son too. Which Slough school have you got in your application?
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

No I'm not a teacher, and I don't work in a school. But I have my ear so close to the ground I can see whose shoes need re-heeling.

JuliaB

PS Thanks for all the kind comments..... we're all in this together. My 1st choice is for St Bernards, but if the Bucks result is anything to go by :shock: . Come on JuliaB, straighten shoulders and think POSITIVE!!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Julia B,

I wish you all the best.
I will be thinking about you on thursday, and I really hope that it's going to be good news.

I wish the same to everyone waiting for thursday results

BEST OF LUCK

Catherine
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Julia

Just want to say I have fingers crossed for you for the Berks result - except when I'm typing on the forum :D
Good Luck to you and all waiting for Berks results.

HP
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

It is so hard waiting.... particularly as he did so badly in the Bucks test. I am just hoping his maths score is enough to pull up the other two tests. I have started looking around at Prep schools in case I am disappointed. I'm not being pessimistic, I just feel I need to have my plan B in place. I want to be able to say on Thursday, look you didn't get the mark you hoped for, but let's go and look at **** school and see what you think.

The head has been marvellous with helping to put our Bucks appeal together, so I guess I will more or less duplicate it for Slough. We considered other schools, can't seem to find one that 'fits'him.

I am planning (another) Christmas shopping day tomorrow to pass the time. Hope you all are keeping busy too. I will be online to share joy and comiserations on Thursday. Keep :D, I'm thinking about you all.

JuliaB
adad

Berks result

Post by adad »

I know exactly how you feel Julie. My son bombed on the Bucks test too.
And there has been a gnawing in my stomach ever since.
we too are going to appeal to Bucks but are waiting for the Berks just in case.
Have also looked at Prep schools with a view to getting him into the Windsor system.
Good luck.
usa

Post by usa »

thinking of you all in berks today - hope you all get the result you want and deserve!
USA