Parmiters list moving

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rivermoon

Parmiters list moving

Post by rivermoon »

It seems the Parmiters CI list is also moving.

Two weeks ago my son was number 7 now he's number 2 (joint).

However, the WGBS much slower. We were 7th now 5th...

Just hoping now
watmum

Post by watmum »

I hope that all of you on the Parmiter's CI list, are enjoying the Easter break as best you can.
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you, it was a few years ago for us now, but it was the day after the Easter break that we received the lovely phone call telling us that the list had moved, and we were offered a place for our child.
So chin up one and all, enjoy the time off and keep eating those chocolate eggs! :P
Sressed but survivor

Post by Sressed but survivor »

It feels that the CI movement for the Herts. Consortium schools seems to be very slow and quiet this year, is there any good news for anyone? :?
rivermoon

Post by rivermoon »

Nope,

We're now joint first on Parmiters list. And we've gone to 4 on WGBS list, but the way the lists are moving , I'm not really that hopeful anymore.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Joint first sounds great don't forget that their is a long way to go yet and it has been known for offers to be made on the first day of term.

here's hoping for a positive outcome.
Sressed but survivor

Post by Sressed but survivor »

Yes this certainly happened this year about a week into the September term 2008- here's wishing you the best!
watmum

Post by watmum »

Yes, I echo those comments rivermum.

Several years ago, when my child started year 7, there were two children admitted in the first couple of days of sept, both of who who had to sell their uniforms which had just been purchased (for queens and B Meads I think) and rush to buy Parmiter's gear.

Do not give up hope, there are parents who, for whaever reasons, do not decline their places, and the school assume that their child will be commencing in septmeber, but they don't turn up! Wierd or what!! Good luck.
watmum

Post by watmum »

Is there not any news form you Parmiter's CI gang? seems spookily quiet, anyone aware of any movement at all?
I noticed from their website that the admissions stats have been updated and that 38 got a distance place this time around, that must be the all time record for distance allocations to this school.
rivermoon

Post by rivermoon »

I spoke to Parmiters today - three people got in on appeal.

So even if people do drop out now it's unlikely those places will be offered up.

We're joint first - effectively to get in half a dozen kids are not going to turn up on first day of term.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

hi

Sorry to hear that Rivermoon. How is CI list for WBGS moving as I understand you were high on that CI list as well.

I had not realised the link between the CI list movement and the appeals.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now