question for Etienne

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dissapointed mum

question for Etienne

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi Etienne,
Is it better to go to the appeal on your own, or does it show a united front if husband comes along too? I just dont want the situation whereby one starts of a sentance and the other finishes it like a well rehersed play or something. What would the panel be looking for. Each others upport, or wouldnt it bother them that only one parent is present.?
Dissapointed mum

Post by Guest »

Hi Dissapointed Mum, I know this question was for Etienne so excuse me for high jacking!. I went to my sons appeal on my own last year as my husband was away on business. I didnt mention why i was there on my own and nor did any questions arise from it - and my son got through so in my opinion it does not matter providing the lone parent going is confortable with it.

Good Luck

Kay
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I agree with Kay - I don't think it matters so long as you feel comfortable.

If you're on your own, there will be no adverse assumption. The panel will think that your partner is at work, or perhaps you're a single parent. It would do no harm to explain "My husband/wife/partner really wanted to be here, and sends apologies, but had to be at work today."

If there are two of you at the appeal, I do think it's important to try and plan beforehand who will do what.

Rather than attend on your own, bring a friend along. The friend doesn't have to say anything - the panel will understand he/she is there just for company and moral support.

Regards
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now