How many appeals are there???

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

essexstardust

How many appeals are there???

Post by essexstardust »

Hi just wondering if anybody would know roughly how many appeals are being heard if the appeals are being held over 2 1/2 days, we were just trying to work out how many other families were likely going to be seen. anybody got any idea, and if this is considered a lot !!!?i suspect it probably is.... thanks :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Hi essexstardust,
I think you can call the school you are appealing for and ask the question - it will vary I'm sure with local authority to local authority and school to school, we called to ask and discovered around 50 people to be appealing over a 5 day period. ( I'm not sure that this is helpful for you -it will be a different school)
Rgds,
LFH
essexstardust

Post by essexstardust »

Thanks LFH it is helpful thankyou, I suppose that means that they do about 10 a day (i am too good at maths :wink: )so if they are doing 2 1/2 days, possibly 25 appeals! could be totally wrong on this but just curious to know how many others there will be. Thanks for your reply! good luck with your appeal.
tillytonk

Post by tillytonk »

I phoned my local county council admissions team (the phone number would have been given in all the paperwork that came with the appeal paper) and they told me how many appeals are being heard for our particular school.
essexstardust

Post by essexstardust »

Thanks Tillytonk, i will give them a ring on monday, i didn't think they would tell you that info so had not tried, will do now though, cheers :lol: