Wirral Grammar appeal postponed

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Frederick

Wirral Grammar appeal postponed

Post by Frederick »

We are about to appeal to Wirral Grammar School. Just found out that the Appeals listed this week are now postponed due to the serious illness of the school Governor. No new dates have been set and it is assumed it will be week commencing 11th May. More stress at a very stressful time. Any observations anyone?
Frederick
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

You have my sympathies - but if they're ill, they're ill, still it can't be helped - and neither can your nerves.

Use the extra time you've been given by going over your case, make sure all the 't's' are crossed and the i's dotted. Is there anything extra you could add?

Good luck when you do eventually get to go before them and I hope it all goes well for you.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Once again sympathies are extended to you and your family. However, it might have been worse had you done your appeal and then the decision making process was delayed. This happened last year with our DD1, and we couldn't help wondering whether the panel would remember everything clearly ( even with notes) some three weeks on.
All the best, as snowdrops says, make everything as watertight as possible.
Good luck
Bouga
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Here's another scenario:

If a panel member falls seriously ill towards the end of a multiple appeal, the appeals that have already taken place all have to be done again with a new panel!

[It has to be the same panel that hears all the cases in a multiple appeal.]
Etienne
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Etienne wrote:Here's another scenario:

If a panel member falls seriously ill towards the end of a multiple appeal, the appeals that have already taken place all have to be done again with a new panel!

[It has to be the same panel that hears all the cases in a multiple appeal.]
:shock: :shock: :shock: - I was actually wondering what happens in that scenario! I suppose the longer the multiple appeal goes on for, the greater the chance of something like this happening... :?
Marylou
cagney40

Post by cagney40 »

so sorry to hear appeal has been postponed. Ours for Caday is tomorrow (wed) and feel v nervous so can understand how deflated you must feel.
Hope it goes well when it finally arrives.
gezzar

Post by gezzar »

Is that for WGS Boys or Girls? As we had our appeal monday (girls school)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now