ke aston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smiley

ke aston

Post by smiley »

Hi i am new to this forum . My son has just been accepted at KE Aston after moving up the waiting list . We live in Solihull and were wondering if anyone has their son currently studying at Aston and could tell us of their experiences.

I would also like to know if anyone has their child travelling from Solihull to Aston as i wondered what the school journey was like, if their were many students travelling to Aston from Solihull.......

Any info would be most welcome!!

thanks
fm

Post by fm »

I have only ever had two students go to Aston (my others usually opt for the other two) and both have loved it. One had to miss quite a bit of school in Year 9 and the school were one hundred percent helpful. The other, like your son, moved up the waiting list and was awarded the place late. I was slightly concerned for him because he was quite an eccentric, not quite run-of-the-mill lad, but it has only been a positive experience for him; in fact, his parents actually wrote me another thank you card (in Year 7, term 3) because they were so happy with the him and the school and wanted to share the fact. I'd never had that before or since.
I have never heard any negatives about it.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

There's a Green Bus from Solihull (you'll probably get details in the information from school if you haven't had it already) but it's a very early start. Otherwise I'll give what appears to be becoming my usual answer:

Find your house on Google maps. Zoom in until the bus stop symbols appear on the map. Click on the nearest, a balloon will pop up with the name of the bus stop and underneath is a link to transportdirect.info.

If you click on that link it will take you to a site that plans you a bus and/or train journey from there to the school (put in the postcode of the school as the destination). It will give you five results (the first one isn't always the most practical).

I don't know anything about the school personally (we didn't look at it, it's not very accessible from this area) but I've not heard anything against it; people whose children attend/have attended seem very enthusiastic.

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now