Oversubscription appeal success rates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
newgirl

Oversubscription appeal success rates

Post by newgirl »

I wondered if anybody knew what the oversubscription success rates for 2008 were? I've found on this forum the 2007 figures (91 appeals, 14 upheld i.e. 15% and 77 rejected) but can't find any other years. Presumably the reasons some appeals are upheld are confidential?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi newgirl

The reasons for the success or failure of all appeals are confidential.

The success rate for 2008 for Grammar Transfer appeals was 15.4% (the figure for 2007 was 12.8%).

There were 163 appeals registered, of which 91 were actually heard - the remainder were either settled before the appeal date (i.e. a place was offered) or withdrawn - perhaps a private school place was taken up, or the parents simply decided to settle for the original school offered.

Hope that helps.

Sally-Anne
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

Thanks for the info. Do those figures include the people not passing the 11plus as well as the oversubscription, or are they just the latter?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Newgirl

Those are just figures for Transfer (over-subscription) Appeals for Grammar Schools.

The success rate for non-qualification appeals (all decided before March 2nd) was 38.5% in 2008. The success rate for Transfer Appeals for Upper Schools was 30%.

I am afraid that GS Transfer Appeals are by far the least successful type of appeal.

Sally-Anne
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Sally-Anne,

Where are you finding these stats...?

Cheers