secondary schools continued interest

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lynbh47

secondary schools continued interest

Post by lynbh47 »

Am new to the site and a member of the Bushey Hall didnt want it club . have checked Francis Combe continued int list today to find out we moved the wrong way on that one now. Am on Bushey
Meads continued list and Queens and Ricky but feeling v.low at mo. My child feels it too although am trying to keep enthuisiastic for her long way to go yet but keep thinking what if???? Any encouragement out there?[/b]
greenteadrinker

Post by greenteadrinker »

I am in the same situation as you...A fully paid up member of the BH dont want it club and like you waiting (in hope!!) for something to come up on other CI lists.

I am trying to stay positive and like you trying to be enthusiastic for my child, but finding it extremely difficult, so understand where you are coming from.

Cant offer any really hope but would say try to be cautiously optomistic - probably doesnt help much, but thats the game I am playing!
Always look on the bright side of life
lynbh47

Post by lynbh47 »

Thanks for reply. I seems to hit lows and then bounce back a bit what lists are you on? People keep telling me still a long way to go. Private schools some still to announce places etc someone on sight just got offered Queens Congrats to them. Anyone else on Francis Combe continued int list???
ttmum

Post by ttmum »

I am in the same situation as you. I do not even want to think that my dd was allocated BH.

To make matters worse, we were no 4 on the distance list for Queens, on hearing a forum members dc had been offered a place, I called queens to see if the distance list had moved at all, only to be told that we are now number 6.............I was dumbfounded...........had to ask why? if I recall (bcos by then, i was dazed), the admission secretary said, county had to reshuffle.................

Mind you we were initally number 7 on allocation day and then after March 17, we were told we were number 4 (distance list).

Well, lets continue hoping. We are also number 6 on the B meads list which has not moved at all.
lynbh47

Post by lynbh47 »

re Bushey H...wonder what all are going to do who got allocated it, are u going to send child if nothing else comes up?

Re other lists Bushey M we are moving in but only 1 or 2 places in Band and on Queens we are moving on distance and academic but still got long way to go. We must try and stay positive but it is so hard!
WP

Post by WP »

Bushey Meads would have a separate continuing interest list for each band. According to the statistics sticky there has historically been less movement in the band C and D lists than in those for bands A and B. I suppose that is to be expected: anyone getting in to Parmiter's or WG via their academic CI lists would free a place in band A, while those getting into Queens' via their academic list would free a place in bands A or B.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now