Appeal at Rickmansworth School

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

raceytracey

Appeal at Rickmansworth School

Post by raceytracey »

This amazed me.

We went and saw Rickmansworth school at their open evening back in October and listened to the heads speech about how fantastic a school it was, great facililites, fab staff etc etc.

Unfortunately we were one of many that didnt get this school for our DD. We were going to appeal but have decided not to and are just appealing for CD. Anyhow thats another story.

Anyway my friend is appealing at Ricky for her DD. Yesterday she got her appeal date through with a covering letter from the school basically in round about way advising her not to bother.

The letter basically said that the school was overcrowded, facilities and health and safety needed looking at, classrooms were again overcrowded, they had to hire out a local church for lessons and the cafeteria was not up to scratch. Plus teachers out of classroom time had been cut to a minimum. There were other issues but I cant remember them now.

It amazed me that in the space of 7 months this school could have changed so much!!!!
:shock:
tense

Post by tense »

I remember that a couple of posters who appealed for Rickmanworth last year found the school to be distinctly "unfriendly" & IIRC one said they would not take a place even if they got an offer.

I suppose your friend's letter is basically setting out the school's case against admitting more children, so it's only to be expected that these kind of things would be mentioned - however, I agree that the tone sounds really off-putting.

Anyway, good luck with your own appeal to CD. Let us know how you get on!

T x
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Still waiting for the date for CD appeal and know that we dont really stand a chance but going to try our best.

My friend also has a DD in year 5 and has said she just might go to the open evening this October and once the Head has finished the speech might just stand up and remind them about what they said in this letter!!
:lol:
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

This letter is standard and has been sent out to make your friend drop the appeal. Tell your friend not to fall for it!!!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

raceytracey wrote:
My friend also has a DD in year 5 and has said she just might go to the open evening this October and once the Head has finished the speech might just stand up and remind them about what they said in this letter!!
:lol:
deffo LOL !! -- can imagine - headmistress "has anyone got any questions?"............. wonder how they will get round that one, do you think anyone will believe that they have built a whole new school in such a short time :shock:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

What a brilliant idea! :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now