12+ unsuccessful

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dejavu

12+ unsuccessful

Post by dejavu »

Post has just been. We have not been offered anything. When will this bad dream end?
many thanks
dejavu

Post by 40 »

really sorry.
:cry:
best wishes to your dc
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Deja - been following your story since last year. I'm so dreadfully sorry for you and DD. - Can you appeal?
Bouga
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Oh noooooooooo - hold your horses/dogs - the journey hasn't finished yet - we are all here to help you - next step APPEAL.... trying to look on the brighter side, you can do a great appeal now without 'dissing' a GS school offered. :cry:

Ambridge x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You must appeal - and for all the schools you named on your form. We will help ...
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sorry to hear the news :( but hang in there - it is possible to win a 12+ appeal.
Marylou
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

To look on the bright side (difficult, I know), this might even help an appeal for what I know is your preferred school .........
Etienne
mummog

Post by mummog »

Dearest Dejavu
Have just logged on (having been at a school fete all morning) to hear the news that we have all been dreading. So so sorry. I can only offer moral support but I am sure that Etienne and Sally-Ann will advise you whether or not it is worth fighting perhaps just one more battle for your beautiful girl?

Mmg :cry:
Rash

Post by Rash »

So sorry to hear about your news Dejavu.
Rash
dejavu

Thank you

Post by dejavu »

Thank you everyone for your messages of support - particularly Etienne, Ambridge, Mummog and Bouga (like you - I feel that I have been doing appeals for years).

DD is very philosophical about it - and did some retail therapy this pm, but desperately wants to go to a gs and wants us to appeal.

She was very young when she took the 11+ and has progressed so well this last year - in Dec she got 6c in science for key stage 3 papers, and in March got 6a in maths for key stage 3 papers - predicted level 7 by the end of year 7.

So, I feel another appeal coming on.......
many thanks
dejavu