sats results

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sally40

sats results

Post by sally40 »

Does any :) one know when we get the results , is it with their end of year report or is it before thanks
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Usually with the end of year reports.

Unless we have another marking fiasco like last year :roll:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Some of us are still waiting for 2008 KS3 results ... :lol:

Edexcel are in charge again this year so it should be OK
magwich2

sats results

Post by magwich2 »

Not sure why anyone would think it was OK to leave Edexel in charge of anything including the proverbial P*** up since there seems to be a consensus that AQA run everything to a much higher standard!!DD is currently outraged that she has to do the harder AQA maths GCSE whilst the local high (sic) school do Edexcel.
Do not even get me started on the modular versus linear exams!!!!!!!!!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

But Magwich2 Edexcel have run the KS2 tests succesfully before ...

AQA marks for an A* are lower than Edexcel - I thought you supported hard examinations anyway?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Hi Guest55,

I believe you have said on previous posts that although us parents are given just the overall level, the secondary schools will get the sub-level.

Do you know if the primary school are given this info and if it is the primary that give it to the secondary is the sub -level they are given based on teacher assessment rather than the actual test?

A number of children will possibly scrape a level 5 in order to satisfy the school's need for good results therefore in order to get a real picture of how my son is doing I would like to be given an unbiased sub-level.

Thanks,

Tolstoy
sj355

Post by sj355 »

A number of children will possibly scrape a level 5 in order to satisfy the school's need for good results therefore in order to get a real picture of how my son is doing I would like to be given an unbiased sub-level.

Tolstoy
[/quote]

Things must have changed then: all children in my son's school in 2007 were given their actual % marks as well in a printout provided as confirmation together with the end of year school report. (not that he received them; I was left to rot in London and collect them , while he was already holidaying in the sun!) I do not see any reason why this is not universal practice. (the receiving of % marks, not parents rotting!)
sj355
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

It may well be sj355, I have probably got it wrong. I read somewhere that we were just given levels not sub-levels and didn't even think about the fact that we would be given scores.

Don't want to think of anyone being in the sun at the mo I hope everyone is having to rot here, along with my washing that has been on the line for three days :roll: .
Milla

Post by Milla »

we didn't get percentages, just their levels, when my DS was in Y6 last year. He got all 5s, but come entrance to GS, the school worked out what their target is for him for the next year or 2 (or 3??) being 2 levels above what they came in on (does this sound right??? aargh, slack mother in scant control of her facts). Despite having been consistently the very best in his English set from day one in Reception to the end of Y6, and this in a year when out of 32 children, over half won grammar places to highly competitive grammars (are there any which are not, I know, I know) so not just a case of a brightish boy in a duff year, but his English target was to be a high 6, I think, suggesting that his 5 must have been a low one.

Frankly, in things like English, I think guaging of talent is moot, since one man's beautifully elegant sentence is another's load of pretentious twaddle. He must have scored, surprisingly, higher in the ones which ARE easier to assess absolutely, being maths and science.

Afraid that I refuse to get stressy about SATS - in any case, it might induce a heart attack, the 11+ is quite focus enough for all my nervous energy.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Tolstoy

I think most Primaries just give the level but you could ask for the mark - we were sent the papers to show us our DC had got 100% for Maths and 80/80 for Science :D :D