Year 4 Sat Results

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dollydo

Year 4 Sat Results

Post by dollydo »

Hi,

My DS has just had his year 4 sat results, which are are all 4c's- Do you think this will be good enough for the school to put him forward for 11+ tutoring?

The school offers a lesson a week for children who they feel would be suitable, I have stated that I am interested, but I have had no response. :(

thanks for any advice.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The school should not just be looking at one test ... but if that is typical then should be GS
dollydo

Post by dollydo »

Thanks Guest55.

Unfortunately, school not really interested in helping all children achieve their best. :cry: Only the favoured few are assisted. Just wondering if we should look for a tutor ourselves.
sp

Post by sp »

If you can afford it then I'd find your own tutor; sounds like school may be biased towards other children which will do your DC no good at all. You could always use school as well for a while and see how it goes; different methods of teaching 11+ may be used which could be helpful
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why don't you use the resources on this site? Many people have and you can keep a closer eye on things.
dollydo

Post by dollydo »

Thanks for the advice.

Will have a closer look at this site and all the info about.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

ask if you want any help.

. There are parents who have been through it (some several times!), teachers and tutors who post regularly There is sure to be someone who can help
Have a look at the free downloads on the home page too.