Independent schools in Rugby/Coventry

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rugbymum

Independent schools in Rugby/Coventry

Post by Rugbymum »

Does anyone have any experience of the following schools?

Princethorpe College
Bablake
King Henry VII
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

The only 'experience' I have is of looking around Princethorpe on its open day. Not sure that amounts to experience though. You probably know what it looks like - it has stunning grounds and fantastic stonework inside and out.

The new Head from September ir Ed Hester who currently the Assistant/Deputy Head (?) at Rugby. It is certainly an option for our daughter for 2010 entry.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Thanks - the info re new Head at Princethorpe is interesting.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hopefully someone will post who has much more info on each of the schools, Rugbymum.

Have you considered any other schools such as ones in Warwick (I confess I cannot remember whether you have a DD or a DS!!)
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Its for my DD - not really keen on King's High as its too academic for her I feel.

Post by 1401 »

We have friends with children at Princethorpe that thoroughly love it. They have excellent pastoral care and results have steadily been improving over the years. It was our second choice for daughter but she really didn't like the atmosphere ! She is currently at Kingsley School for Girls in Leamington, a very small school but the results have been consistenly good over the past ten years . I must admit it wasn't my choice but she really has settled and academically she has been pushed . It is not as competitive as Kings High but the results are on a par. Good Luck !
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Thanks for the feedback...I have to admit I've never heard of Kingsley so will look at this.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Have you got any further in your search Rugbymum? let me know the latest... Is your daughter in year 5 like mine?
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

She's in year 4 so got some time yet but we will need the next couple of years to really save up hard :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Lol!! In your original query you mentioned Henry VII. Did you mean VIII as I looked at that one but could not find VII?

I looked at all of their websites and each look like good schools. I had not really considered schools in Coventry but I am now rethinking our options.