Anyone sitting Caistor this September?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Grimsbygirl

Anyone sitting Caistor this September?

Post by Grimsbygirl »

Hi Just interested if there's anyone out there sitting Caistor in September. Went to look round the school last week and was impressed. Would love to share views, comments, highs, (lows!) with anyone going through the same process!
Alex

Post by Alex »

The cut-off score for an out-of-area place this year was 242.
Grimsbygirl

Post by Grimsbygirl »

Hi Alex
Did this mean (sorry, want to be clear) that those who got in got a score of 242 or higher?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yes, for those living out of the 6.5 miles radius. This is the figure for initial allocations - it is possible that someone may have got in on appeal with a lower score - appeals were heard last week I think, or it may shift lower if someone fails to take up their place.
Floss

Post by Floss »

Hi Grimsbygirl

I'm also from Grimsby :) My daughter sat test last year for Caistor and will be starting in September. Don't know what score she got but when she came out of the exam she said she'd missed a few out - she ran out of time I think :)
We had an opening evening a couple of weeks ago, to let us know all about the uniform, trips, homework etc. They also have a sleepover for all of year 7 the second week of term, think they have pizza, watch DVDs and get to sleep in the school hall :)
ourmaminhavana

Caistor 11 plus

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Hi,
I'm sorry I've just joined this form so haven't replied before. My son sat the first Caistor paper on Saturday and seemed to find it fine (even this worries me!). Do you think the second one will be much harder? (Was it last year?!)
Good luck Grimsbygirl and anyone else going through this! It was far easier taking my own than dealing with the stress of my son taking his!
Ourmaminhavana
Floss

Post by Floss »

Hi
My daughter sat the tests last year (started Caistor last week) I think the first one she sat was the mutiple choice and she said that one was ok. I think she found the second one harder and didn't finish all the questions but don't think that was a big problem.
Good luck I hope your son does well, I'm sure he will :D
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks Floss. How nice to be on the other side!! Can you remember if the second paper was standard format by any chance? Thanks.
Floss

Post by Floss »

Hi

My daughter had a few practice papers before hand and I think the actual test papers were the same format as them. I thought I had some of the practice test papers but I've lent them someone whos daughter is also sitting this years test. I do know after the 2nd test lots of children came out saying they hadn't finished and had run out of time. I think the multi choice one is easier due to the fact they can narrow down the answers quicker.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks Floss. I don't suppose you can remember if the practice papers were nfer or what they were can you?! Were you in catchment by the way?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now