Appeal 1st June-Glad it is over and now the wait!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mum of 1 and 1 to go

Appeal 1st June-Glad it is over and now the wait!

Post by Mum of 1 and 1 to go »

:shock: Well I am glad that is over :shock: I was more nervous than I thought I would be. This site was so helpful in that we had a one page statement on the main points, so we kept to the point and did not waffle on. :? The only real questions were on why we had sent her to do the test when she was poorly. It was a hard one to call at the time, as she had been ill with three different things on the run up to the exam, and we had not realised she was ill on the day of the test until it was too late. The head teacher was from the other 11+ school and was very nice, it was not the head of the school we were appealing for.

I will advise on the outcome in about 10 days when we hear, but we tend not to be lucky in this sort thing. :( We will have to wait and see.

All the best to anyone else going through this at the moment.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I just popped in to wish you luck but I see I've missed the boat. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :D
Mum of 1 and 1 to go

:D Thanks for your good wishes Mitasol. It seems forever to wait until the middle of next week. We could not have done any more and appreciate all the advice and assistance this site offers. :D The panel and head teacher were very nice but you just do not know do you. :?
Anxious1

Post by Anxious1 »

Hi Mum of 1 and 1 to go, just wanted to send my best wishes to you and hope you have some good news next week. We also went to appeal today and although the panel were really nice, its very difficult to tell what they are thinking. Its going to be a difficult and long 10 days wait!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

All the best! :)
Marylou
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hello again Anxious1.

I have been thinking of you and Mumof1.

The waiting must be terrible but at least the end is in sight and you both know you've done everything you can.

Best of Luck.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm thinking of you both too.

It should have been our appeal today - we got lucky, I hope you both are too.

*fingers crossed* for you both.
keane34

Post by keane34 »

Hi Mum of 1 and 1 to go & Anxious1 - I'm glad your appeals are over and just wanted to wish you both all the best. Waiting for the outcome is very difficult but I hope you both get very good news next week.
Mum of 1 and 1 to go

Thanks for your thoughts. It is a horrible process, but it is the only way I supppose. :)
Anxious1

Post by Anxious1 »

Thanks for your thoughts and all your good wishes. This is going to be a difficult wait for both of us. Next week is a long way off, but I am also dreading that letter arriving.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now