Ilford County

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nou

Ilford County

Post by Nou »

Can anyone tell me whether the tests are NFER or another type, and whether they are multiple choice or standard. I am asking for a colleague without access to the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

My son did it last year. He said it was multiple choice.
Nou

Post by Nou »

Thanks, much appreciated!
scarface_34

Tutors in redbridge

Post by scarface_34 »

Hello

Can someone kindly recommend a good 11+ tutor in the Redbridge area

Much appreciated in advance

Regards
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

The VR for Ilford County is Multiple Choice and not the Standard type.
sw

Post by sw »

Ilford county use the multiple choice version.My son had his NVR exam today.He found the 75 practice questions given at the exam centre actually harder than the real exam paper.
The real paper also had 75 questions.

I understand many of the children found the practice paper more difficult than the actual paper.

NVR started to become one of his weaker points when he attempted "harder" papers.He tells me the support and practice he received at home was the greatest help.

Hope this is useful.
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

my son took the test for county 4 years ago and I remember him saying the practice questions were harder. He didn't have a full practice paper then - just practice questions...things change.
tammy

redbridge 11 plus

Post by tammy »

can anyone please tell me whats the purpose of the practise tests pre main tests. The majority of of children have over practised and just want to get the test over and done with , thanks
Bo Peep

Point of Practice test?

Post by Bo Peep »

I really don't know, but I would think there are two reasons myself:

1. It settles the nerves. I often wonder what is the point of the practice test being harder than the real thing; but then I wonder if it actually is or if the kids are just so terrified at the beginning that they think the practice test is really hard. When the nerves settle they may find things not so bad!

2. I guess it saves no end of appeals from parents saying, 'my child didn't know it would be like that, or like this...' In addition to this, some kids are really just thrown into the exam to 'take a chance' (Ridiculous I know, but nevertheless it happens every year) and have had no preperation whatsoever - so to them I guess the practice test is a real life-line.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now