HELP !!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cie72

HELP !!!!

Post by cie72 »

Really worried about the whole process, probably because I don't understand it !!! Daughter is really quite laid back unusually for her about the whole thing.

I know we have to apply in september and the test is november 21st '09, but when/how do you get the results and offers of school.

Does anyone know what percentage on all the papers needed for a pass for Chelmsford, Westcliffe or Southend for girls?

Also what are the transport links like for any of the above, that's oneof mybiggest concerns, her travelling alone as she is a august birthday.

Sorry if this is too long, my first post !
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Hi, cie72

Welcome to the forum! If you have a look on the Essex region (especially the sticky post) and post your question there. You will get more responses.

There is no pass mark for the Chemsford grammar schools but take the top 120 ( I think) girls who have the highest scores in a ranking order. Westcliff and southend have an out of catchment admission criteria.

I know a few boys from my son's class take the train from Romford to KEGS ( the boy grammar school in Chelmsford) every morning.
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Hi

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=15

This is the Essex region . A lot of useful informations can be found.
cie72

HELP !!!!

Post by cie72 »

Thank you I will have a look. It's such a mine field lol!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hello,

I have one daughter at CCHS and another starting in September.
I know girls that travel from Ilford and Romford so it can be done.Don't forget you also have Woodford County High within reach which is also , last I heard, a good school.

Westcliff and Southend have signiificantly lower marks needed to get in.As Essex Mum18 said, CCHS do not have a pass mark just take the top scorers.
I would say that you need , to be comfortable, to be scoring high eighties + in all papers.This is to allow for a drop on the day.My younger daughter got in the seventies and scraped in :roll: but was doing much better at home practising.
Older one didn't drop marks on the day so it doesn't always happen.
Read the Essex part of the forum for more detail.
Good luck :D
moved

Post by moved »

Hi Cie
http://www.csse.org.uk/transport.htm is the link to the consortium buses. The children seem to cope well with the travel. It is the parents who worry. Make sure she has a phone; that it is always charged and the obvious (but beyond my son) switched on.
Plenty of preparation helps with confidence. Bond books are good for English and maths. VR has plenty available on the web and this site, make sure that she is working on multiple choice.
The results are either available on the Essex website if you apply online or they will arrive the following day if you apply by post.
Best wishes
Moving
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now