Appeal Dates

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dissapointed mum

Appeal Dates

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi
Anyone out there that has recieved dates of their appeals, did you get your dates quite soon after posting off your appeal papers? I posted mine off on the Monday of the 2nd week, and am still waiting for a date, so just wondering what the time scale is for finding out the date. At what pont should I start making phone calls to find out our date, as I dont want to been issued with a date and its got lost in all the Christmas post!. Do you have to confirm when you get your letter to say you can make that date?
Just getting a wee bit anxious thats all!!!
DP :?
Bucks Parent

Appeal date

Post by Bucks Parent »

Hi DP

Like you, I to am still waiting for my appeal date, I send out mine one day after you.

Everyday I call home to check if the postman has delivered some news but no nothing so far.

So... today I finally called and the response I got was they are still working on it and if I do not receive anything in the next couple of days I should call them on Monday. To me that makes it sound like we should all be getting our letters end of this week.

Look forward to hearing when your appeal date is...

rgds
Bucks Parent (also very disappointed)

Post by Guest »

Hi DP

I know some people have their dates who posted their letters around the same time as you. I suggest you ring Admissions in the morning and chase it up.

You don't have to confirm the date back - you're just expected to turn up unless there is a very serious reason why you can't make it.

Sally-Anne
Erica

Post by Erica »

If the Bucks numbers are similar to last year there will be nearly one thousand appeals for them to sort out dates for and as as the cut off date was only last Friday I don't think you should worry. I received the letter telling me of my date sometime between Christmas and New Year last year.
Ambridge

Appeal dates

Post by Ambridge »

My husband (aka Postman Pat) took our appeal package and another appealer in my son's class in by hand on Monday 4 December, he got a receipt for them from the reception and on Tuesday 5 we both received the red postcard back and on Wednesday 6 we both received a letter confirming appeal dates of 8 Jan for them and 9 Jan for us.

We were quite early with our submission and possibly beat the appeal rush, certainly at that point in time the Appeal Office were working very efficiently.
Suki

Post by Suki »

Hello

We posted our appeal form last Wednesday and received the confirmation the day after and an appeal date (12th Jan) the day after that.

Not sure how they are sorting all the appeal dates out, but we did highlight that my husband would be away for one week in January so maybe they gave our appeal date according to that.

Suki
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi Ambridge/suki/and all
I posted my envelope off on the afternoon of the 4th, recieved my letter the next day which gives me my 5 digit ref number, and recieved the red card 2 days after that!! We are out of county, are they giving the in county people dates first, then fill the rest of the month with the out of county people???Just a thought as I still havent heard anything.
DP
Suki

Post by Suki »

Hi DP

Why don't you call BCC just for reassurance, although I am sure you will receive the date soon. I don't think they give priority dates to in county people, its whenever they can fit everyone in.

Don't worry (I know easier said than done), I know like me you are probably very anxious about the appeal. This forum has helped me immensely and I am much calmer about it now.

Good Luck

Suki
Bucks Parent

Would you believe it ??

Post by Bucks Parent »

In light of Sally-Anne and Suki's reponse, I thought I should make the dreaded call again.

First of all same response, you just hear in the next couple of days, if you don't call us back on Monday. Then I started questioning why someone who had sent their appeal form after me had already rec'd their appeal date. I was trying to get an understanding of how they go through the pile of paper work, the clerk didn't know because she was new but said she would get her supervisor to call me back.

5 mins later I get a call, it's the clerk again saying that a letter went out yesterday. With delight I responded so when I get home I will get the appeal date, then she responded I can give it you know if you like. Yes please I responded, it's the 22nd Jan she said.

22nd Jan ??? But hold on I had put down on the yellow form the two dates I couldn't do was the 22/23rd Jan. Oh she said let me check the form, yes your right. Course I'm right!

Conclusion they are going to try and move it to another date, I told her if it's after the 22nd forget I'll try and re-arrange my husbands b'day plans!

Wot a joke, it's like they want to make it as a painful as possbile.

:evil:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hey BP

At least they've heard of you and not lost the form! :lol:

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now