32%
No
68%

Total votes: 31

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Andy Murray

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well, is he going to do it for Britain (and Scotland) at last?

I am not at all sure after this evening's showing!
zorro

Post by zorro »

If he had such a hard time against someone I had never heard of it doesn't bode well for matches against Federer, Hewitt/Roddick etc.
Although DS and I were really rooting for him and I actually let Ds stay up to watch the end!! :shock:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I watched Federer today before Murray played and I thought Murray had no chance on what I saw. Federer was winning ace after ace and Murray cannot return such services.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Murray hardly got any first serves in tonight compared with last week when he got loads of aces.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

This chap had beaten Andy in 4 out of 7 previous meetings, so possibly he is his nemesis.
I could hardly watch :!:

I hope he can up his game now, and produce better tennis for the later stages

LFH
happymum

Post by happymum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I watched Federer today before Murray played and I thought Murray had no chance on what I saw. Federer was winning ace after ace and Murray cannot return such services.
I disagree - I thought Federer's game today was ok but not brilliant. His opponent really made him work for the match. :)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I don't like the tennis :cry:
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Roger to win
Animis opibusque parati
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Andy Murray must have faced far bigger demons in his childhood than anything the tennis world can throw at him now, which is why I think he has the sheer strength of character to do it - probably this year, possibly next.

OK, now I've made that prediction it'll probably be curtains for British tennis in the near future! :lol:
Marylou
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

zorro wrote: Although DS and I were really rooting for him and I actually let Ds stay up to watch the end!! :shock:
Have to admit - thrilling though it was, I dozed off! :oops: Must have been the heat. I think the ice-cold beer contributed as well! :lol:
Marylou