Appeal Failed

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

raceytracey

Appeal Failed

Post by raceytracey »

Well heard back today we we didnt get into Clement Danes so Westfield here we come!!! :lol:

At least we tried. Not sure how many did get through. Am going to ring the appeals department on Monday to see if they will tell me.

Heard through the grapevine that Rickmansworth School let in 14 children but not sure how true this this.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Hi raceytracey

sorry to hear your news. :( At least you know you gave it your best shot.

14 successful appeals at Rickmansworth does sound extremely high... be interesting to see if that is true and how they were successful if it is true.

All the best
Alison
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Dont suppose we would get to hear how people got in would we??

I have heard some great stories this year!! :lol:
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

I had been waiting to hear your news sorry it was not positive :(

I am sure your DD will do well at Westfield especially as she has a mum like you to advocate on her behalf should the need arise.

sending you big hugs.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Well I phoned up the appeal hotline today to be told that no one got in on appeal for Clement Danes!! :shock:

What a complete waste of time. Bet the Head Teacher is happy though!

Keep hearing that Rickmansworth school did accept 14 children. How can two schools be so different?
sortie

Post by sortie »

14 successful appeals at Rickmansworth school is very interesting. However I remember 6 years ago I think there were about 11 successful appeals. Could it be because so many children living very close to the school were unsuccessful this year? Could they have argued social exclusion? I am aware that HCC asked the school to take an extra 30 children this year which they refused due to limited facilities within the school. However could this have had a bearing on appeal decisions? I will check out the year 6 parents in Croxley Green who |I have contact with and report back.
local school mummy
sortie

failed appeal

Post by sortie »

Yes it seems that there were a number of successful appeals at Rickmansworth school this year so perhaps 14 is correct. Apparantly some were children who lived very close to the school literally a few hundred metres. It seems that distance CI list hardly moved at all this year. Also one other I heard about appealed on medical grounds. Someone else directly involved may know more. I will post if I find out any news. However the word from the playground is that some parents are now concerned that school is too full which may be to the detriment of their own children.
local school mummy
tense

Post by tense »

Raceytracey

Sorry to hear your news, but I hope that your DD will be happy at Westfield. Certainly it seems to be a school on the up.

T x
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi Tense

Thank you for your message.
Our DD is going to Westfield for the day on 9th July and so hopefully she will meet some new friends and come out feeling positive.

Just have to work out how I am going to get her there by 08:15 each morning and then me on to work in Amersham!! :?
happy75

Post by happy75 »

Hi Raceytracey, my DD also was unsuccessful in our appeals with Clement Danes & Rickmansworth and will be attending Westfield in September. We too live in Chorleywod and would love to here from you regarding transportation issues to getting to Westfield each morning.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now