Year 3, 7+ Scholarship Entrance Exam to Bilton Grange

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Optimist

Year 3, 7+ Scholarship Entrance Exam to Bilton Grange

Post by Optimist »

Hi there

This is off-topic, and not about 11+. However, does anyone know about the format of the paper for the Bilton Grange Scholarship Exam, for entry to Year 3? Any info on format (VR, Eng, Maths, NVR, etc) much appreciated, as well as an indication of how competitive the exam is.

Optimist
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I will ask my sister in law. Will text her now...
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Thanks Ed's Mum
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Have not had a particularly useful reply as yet. She will ask her daughter to see if she remembers. Not looking particularly good. Sorry.

Could you 'phone the school?
Optimist

Re: Year 3, 7+ Scholarship Entrance Exam to Bilton Grange

Post by Optimist »

Hi there

I have asked this before in my posting, in July, but does anyone know the format of the scholarship paper for Bilton Grange (year 3 entrance)?

Optimist wrote:Hi there

This is off-topic, and not about 11+. However, does anyone know about the format of the paper for the Bilton Grange Scholarship Exam, for entry to Year 3? Any info on format (VR, Eng, Maths, NVR, etc) much appreciated, as well as an indication of how competitive the exam is.

Optimist
Dadof3

Post by Dadof3 »

At the risk of stating the obvious, surely you could contact or even visit the school.

I'm sure if someone on here was able to answer your question they would have posted a reply.

Seems strange to remain in-the-dark since July!
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Dadof3 wrote:At the risk of stating the obvious, surely you could contact or even visit the school.

I'm sure if someone on here was able to answer your question they would have posted a reply.

Seems strange to remain in-the-dark since July!
At the risk of sounding even more obvious, I did ask the school; and they did not elaborate. Forlorn as it is, I still thought I would try here, again!!!!

However, I will practise Eng, Maths, VR and NVR with my DS. Upon taking the exam in Feb, I will feedback to the forum - in the hope that it will help someone else, in the future.
Dadof3

Post by Dadof3 »

Optimist,
Sorry to learn that the school are not being helpful. If I were in your position I would seriously consider if I wanted my children to attend such a place.
Can't imagine how I would start to prep a 6/7 year old for these subjects but I hope it works out.
Bilton Grange

Post by Bilton Grange »

Good morning.

The Scholarships are offered to boys and girls whose date of birth is between 1st September 1998 and 31st August 2002 (ie competitive entry at age 7 to 11).

Children with academic potential are encouraged to apply. Artistic, musical, design, expertise with computers or sporting talent will be taken into account.

The tests and interviews will take place at Bilton Grange on Saturday, 6th February 2010. The day begins at 9:30 a.m.

Children undertake test papers in Maths, English and a general paper. There will also be a reading test, after which the children will be given a tour of the school. Interviews and auditions may also take place during this time. The Headmaster will ask for a report from the child's present school.

Application forms can be obtained from;

Mr Jonathan Hewat
Bilton Grange School,
Dunchurch,
Nr Rugby,
Warwickshire.
CV22 6QU

Tel. : 01788 818 249
Email : jhewat@biltongrange.co.uk
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now