And Then There Were Two

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
raceytracey

And Then There Were Two

Post by raceytracey »

Well today we heard of three of my DD friends had got into Clement Danes and so now there are only two of them going to Westfield.

My DD is still ok about it (me not quite so!! ) however the situation will change if her friend gets into CD. How much more movement do you think there will be ?

Daft question I know as no one knows but there is still 2 months to go before the new school year starts!!

We are going to Westfield next Wednesday night for the parents evening and next Thursday she goes for the day. I am hoping she has a great time and starts to make some new friends.

I dont want to wish the Summer away but part of me wants Sept to come so that we can get over this and life will hopefully get back to normal.
sortie

Post by sortie »

Raceytracey I know it must be difficult with so many friends now getting places at CD. Have you moved up the CI list much? You may be lucky as you say still 2 months to go and there is often still movement. However just wanted to say that I know some lovely children going to Westfield in September. I also know other parents with children there who speak very highly of the school. Here's hoping she has a lovely day next week.
local school mummy
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi Sortie

Thank you for your reply. Not much chance of us getting in on the CI List. I think this years 7 at Westfield is going to be filled with some great children.
Will update you all after next Thursday.

Many Thanks Again
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

Hi raceytracey,

I too know a lot of lovely children going to Westfield this year, (and from previous years). My daughter will be a 2010 entry and while I expect to be putting a different school first (assuming she likes it), because that is where her siblings have been, so I know it and have the uniform(!); if she doesn't get in I also expect to be putting Westfield second or third judging from what I saw at the 2008 entry parents evenings.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi C.J

Yes I definately think its a school on the up!

We have told our DD that next week will be a good day to try and get to know some other children and in that way it will not be so daunting for her in Sept.

We have prepared her for the fact that maybe she will be the only one from her school but that she will make heaps of new friends and keep in contact with the old ones she is esp close too including her best friend!

I do wonder if Westfield will be oversubscribed when people put their choices down for next year :lol:
Maybe parents will be moving to Watford to secure a place rather than Chorleywood to get into CD!!
I think its lovely that there is another parents evening next week for us to meet the staff again and other parents. I know that CD dont do this.

Also she starts on the 4th Sept which is a little later than the rest of the school. Maybe thats so everyone gets settled in before the new ones start.
On their first day when we pick them up we can go into the hall for refreshments and to meet their form teacher and again the parents.
tense

Post by tense »

My DD didn't know anyone when she went off to secondary school last year, but now her social life is better than mine!

If you can, encourage your DD to join as many clubs as possible - they really are a great way to meet children from across the year. My DD's best friends aren't even in her class (they are mostly taught in form so all the mixing is done outside).

I hope your DD enjoys next Thursday, & that it will help put your mind at rest too.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi Tense

That is a good idea.
The school finishes at 2:40 each day so there will be plenty of opportunity for her to do clubs after school and in fact this will make it easier for me to pick her up from school as I dont finish until 3:15 and it will give me time to get there.

She loves swimming and has mentioned that she would like to be in the schools swimming club.