Just waiting for answer now

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jabber

Just waiting for answer now

Post by jabber »

Our appeal was finally heard last Thursday. Seemed very positive but as I know from these boards, that need not mean we have a place. It was amusing that the Grammar School representative actually said in his presentation that in the GS opinion our son was perfectly suitable for a GS place! Head of panel actually asked him to confirm what he had just said! Ridiculous that we have been put through all of this if they felt that all along.

The GS representative did say privately to us afterwards that he could see no reason why the panel would not offer a place, so fingers are firmly crossed now!

Interestingly, and something to point out to other parents, is that my original reason for appeal, which was a Word document, was never received by the panel, even though I submitted it twice.
Alex

Re: Just waiting for answer now

Post by Alex »

jabber wrote: Ridiculous that we have been put through all of this if they felt that all along.
Unfortunately there isn't any other way of doing it if there is no system of non-statutory ("head teachers'") appeals, which bring their own problems.

I would advise anyone submitting documents by e-mail to request acknowledgement of receipt and always follow up with hard copies. It is too easy for things to go wrong with mistyped e-mail addresses, e-mails going automatically into Quarantine or Spam folders from some provider addresses etc.

It all sounds very positive! Hope you get to hear good news very soon.
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Any news ??
jabber

Still waiting!

Post by jabber »

Would you believe we are still waiting for an answer. My nerves are now very frayed. Rang yesterday and they said we'd have a decision today or tomorrow so surely not long now.
Seriously, it's really not on having the appeals this late. DS has now been for his trial day at the school we don't want him to go to because, at this moment, that is the only option we have. Yet its just confused him more. And we're only 2 weeks away from end of term - not long for them to readjust is it.
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

I agree,it is terribly unfair leaving you in limbo like this.
Got everything crossed for a great outcome for you & your DS.
Sallyj xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now