Illness Fees Insurance-Can you help?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mum of 1 and 1 to go

Illness Fees Insurance-Can you help?

Post by Mum of 1 and 1 to go »

Hi,

New to the Independant sector and want to take out illness insrance. :?:

Can you advise any companies they off this.

Do not want to opt for the wrong thing? :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Really, that's like asking how long is a piece of string.

So many companies do personal accident insurance, you need to research the companies themselves to make sure you get the cover you want.

You can easily google for companies.

As a starting point, you may like to look at this site, but I emphasise, there are LOTS of companies out there, do your research and make sure you get the level of cover you want.

http://www.sfs-group.co.uk/products-per ... scheme.htm
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

true - it is what you want to cover.
is it fees refund if they are not there?
healthcare costs?
accident insurance?
pay for you if caring for them?
Mum of 1 and 1 to go

Hi thanks. We literally want fees cover for if my DD is ill. I have health insurance(family cover) as a benefit for my job. She was ill quite a lot last year and just wondering if cover might be a good idea. :?
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Hello Mum of 1+1,

I'm not sure what you want is going to be that easy to find, ie an insurance directly linked to paying the school fees during periods of illness, but doesn't BUPA have an arrangement where if DD uses an NHS hospital instead of a private hospital they'll pay you cash, which might amount to much the same thing - if you're prepared to risk DD on the NHS!
Loopy
Mum of 1 and 1 to go

This link Snowdrops gave me is exactly what I need.

Works out about £7.50 per month. :D

http://www.sfs-group.co.uk/products-abs ... scheme.htm
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

YAY for Snowdrops :D !
Loopy
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Mum of 1 and 1 to go wrote:Hi thanks. We literally want fees cover for if my DD is ill. I have health insurance(family cover) as a benefit for my job. She was ill quite a lot last year and just wondering if cover might be a good idea. :?
Glad the link Snowdrop gave came up with a good quote - soundslike just the right thing for what you need. However have to watch for the get out clause:

No benefit will be paid for any medical condition or injury for which the child has received medical attention prior to taking out membership of the Scheme.

I'm finding that people are getting quizzed on claims under health insurance a lot these days eg asking for referral for painful hip and possible hip replacement being quesried as they had arthritis of a toe years ago and hence this was a pre existing condition.... crazy I know.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now