Schools from Greenhithe

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NEW2THIS

Schools from Greenhithe

Post by NEW2THIS »

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the hot weather!
We currently live in Greenhithe, and my DS is interested in Wilmington Grammar. I believe they allocate places based on distance from the school, but I don't know anybody who goes to the school from Greenhithe.
This might be a silly question, but would there be any chance in getting into Wilmington Grammar from a Greenhithe address?
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi New2this

You really must check with Kent County Council or Wilmington School to see if you would get in from where you live. I can tell you (from experience this year) that Wilmington didn't go out as far as it has in the past. In the past it has been out as far as 9 miles but this year it stopped at 6.4 (some more may have been taken from further afield on second allocation). I am sorry I don't know how far Greenhithe is to Wilmington however if your son scores highly in the Kent test (top 10% of the 120 cohort - which is only 12 places) he gets a place at Wilmington (if you put it down) irrespective of distance. The top 10% cut of this year was 401.

Good luck
NEW2THIS

Post by NEW2THIS »

Thanks Gercha, according to Google Maps, we live just under 6 miles from the school. I think our closest grammar school is Dartford Grammar - which is just under 5 miles.
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

I think you'll probably be OK but this year really was an anomolie. I know a lot of kids who didn't get the schools they were expecting to get so make sure you look at a few schools. Good luck
patsy

Post by patsy »

Hi Newtothis

We live in Greenhithe and my DD attends Wilmington Grammar she is in year 7, I also know of another 2 girls in year 7 that live in Greenhithe and other in year 8.

If I can help with any questions let me know
NEW2THIS

Post by NEW2THIS »

Thanks for your reply Patsy.