12+ Late Transfer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SN

12+ Late Transfer

Post by SN »

Can anyone advice me on the 12+ late transfer and any help and information from anyone whose children have sat for this exam in the past, will be much appreciated.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Have you seen this thread just above where you posted this message? Here is the link:http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=8123
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

The 12+ seems to be a moveable feast as far as places in Bucks GS go.

The most important thing before you get revved up about the 12+ is what schools would you be hoping for and are they your catchment schools.

Some schools have some places available at 12+ whereas others are fully booked and despite some of us having success with transfer appeals after the 12+ it is not a route which guarantees a place even after your DC has passed the 12+.

Ambridge
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi SN

Please exercise considerable caution on the 12+ this coming year.

There are going to be no spare places at all for boys in South Bucks, because there has been an over-subscription problem for this year's Year 7. Wycombe also appears to have problems. It is only in the north of the county that you might have a good chance of getting a place.

I will amend the 12+ thread to that effect shortly, and I will continue to amend the Sticky as new information becomes available. (Any edits will be flagged as new posts from now on, given the tricky situation 12+ parents face over the next year.)

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Until September we won't be able to find out how many places are actually taken up either ... one or two places may become available as people relocate.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

According to Parents Meet at RLS last week, Y7 start the year in September at 175 which is their max so that will impact on 12+ next year - may be an odd place if parents relocate but realistically, no room at the inn there either.

Ambridge x
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Hopefully Chesham and Burnham will still have places after boys have got in to higher preference schools off the waiting list. But I guess it will be more difficult to gain a place at John Hampden and the Royal GS.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Apparently Burnham has only one place left - but as Guest55 says, there could be some no shows on the first morning.
SN

Post by SN »

Hello! All

Thank you so much for all the advice and your replies. I am hoping to try for Chesham High as I dont live in Buckinghamshire and only Chesham High does not have any catchment restrictions.

Tried for the 11+ but missed by a few marks unfortunately. Feeling really down about it. I feel that the additional few months will help my son to perform better this time. According to the website Chesham had around 50 places last year for 12+ entries.

Does anyone know if they too look at distance when it comes to 12+.

Anymore information and help would be appreciated as I am not very farmilier with the rules of that area.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - they do look at distance -

We think there will be fewer 12+ places next year but we will try and post about empty places next academic year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now