Herts Consortium Places for non Watford Applicants

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Herts Consortium Places for non Watford Applicants

Post by Daogroupie »

I have been wading through the Admissions Criteria for the Herts Consortium schools. I am looking for any schools that have music or academic places that can be applied for if you do not have a WD or HA postcode. So far I think that WGSG is no and Parimeters is no and Queens is no and Bushey is no and St Clement Danes is yes. 10% academic and 10% music with no catchment area. Is this right? Thanks for any help here.
WP

Re: Herts Consortium Places for non Watford Applicants

Post by WP »

Daogroupie wrote:I have been wading through the Admissions Criteria for the Herts Consortium schools. I am looking for any schools that have music or academic places that can be applied for if you do not have a WD or HA postcode. So far I think that WGSG is no and Parimeters is no and Queens is no and Bushey is no and St Clement Danes is yes. 10% academic and 10% music with no catchment area. Is this right? Thanks for any help here.
Yes, Clement Danes has no catchment. Parmiter's take up to 5% of their selective intake (i.e. 3 places) from outside their catchment. Rickmansworth take up to 3% (i.e. 2 places) from outside. That's it, as far as I know.
Daogroupie

Dates in November last year

Post by Daogroupie »

Great, thanks. Do they publish where their 10% academic originate from at all? Are they mostly London? Also whenabouts in November do they do their music and academic tests, is it early or late? Need to avoid any clashes with DAO and HBS.
tense

Post by tense »

Clement Danes are part of a consortium with the other schools you mention - you sit one exam regardless of how many of these schools you rank on your CAF (see WP's sticky).

This year the music aptitude test is on Tuesday 10 November. If your child passes that they would be invited back to audition a couple of weeks later. The academic test will be on Saturday 21 November.
WP

Re: Dates in November last year

Post by WP »

Daogroupie wrote:Do they publish where their 10% academic originate from at all? Are they mostly London?
They don't publish it, and given the small numbers involved you probably couldn't request such detailed information. I do know a number of their students come from Watford, and I presume there would be more scattered along the Metropolitan Line.
sortie

Daogroupie

Post by sortie »

If you have a younger sibling and you live quite a distance from CD as far as I am aware I don't think sibling rule applies anymore. Best to check directly with school admissions critera.
However of course this may not be relevant if you don't have a younger child.
local school mummy
WP

Re: Daogroupie

Post by WP »

sortie wrote:If you have a younger sibling and you live quite a distance from CD as far as I am aware I don't think sibling rule applies anymore.
That sounds vaguely familiar, but I see no trace of it in their 2010 admissions criteria: they still prioritize siblings (regardless of distance) above WD3 applicants (except for the 10% closest).
winnie

Post by winnie »

Hi, The sibling rule cut off is 10km. It's mentioned in the general information booklet. Section 3.5, admissions criteria.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now